Dannah Farm Country House
Travelodge
US$94
US$82
  • Pool
All reviewsspa cabinhot tubhomemade breadhonesty bardannah farmon arrivalspiral staircaseblack puddingromantic retreatgranary suiteexclusive usepure luxurylocal producefull englishcast ironmy partner and i have justcoffee machine
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here for two nights which was a surprise for my *cough* 30th birthday, Dannah farm feels really remoteso you certainly can get away from everything but close enough to some great peak district market towns to get back to civilisation from time to time.

We stayed in the studio room, which was great, a little on the small side but certainly big enough for two. The room was nicely presented on two floors with a spiral staircase seperating the two, which to be honest is quite a tight squeeze to get up, there is a great power shower with body jets and of course the private outdoor jacuzzi.

The breakfast is probably one of the best i've had and the home made bread is fantastic. Their is also a nice touch of a tessimo coffee machine in each room as well as an ipod dock.

Overall its a great place to get away from it all, incredably quiet.

I would certainly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This has to be one of the best places I've ever stayed. We stayed in the red room for my partners birthday. The room was really nice with a lovely big bed. It was tastefully furnished and very clean. There was an honesty bar right outside the room. We also had use of the spa cabin which is a real bonus and not to be missed. We hired it on the last day so once we'd checked out we effectively got another day as we stayed there all afternoon. The staff we friendly and have you the option to talk to them or keep to yourself if you wanted. An ideal location and lovely area.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I want to start with the positives...The room as we walked in looked absolutely great, we stopped in the Granary Suite and at £270 a night you'd expect that. After looking for information on the place, before we went, we can say you do get robes and slippers for the hot tub, their is wifi in the room supposedly but thats another story!!

We were asked if we want a tea or coffee as we were shown around, which came with a slice of cake and a biscuit all good so far....Hot tub was lovely, shower looked good with all the jets, as did the bath. They even sorted a taxi out for us to go to a lovely local for food (the Bulls Head) you need a taxi as its in the middle of nowhere, which is not a bad thing as its quiet.

I wouldnt say there were major problems but the ones we did have were dealt with by a more by a owner on the defensive. Ok you have a nice place but it isnt the best and sometimes things do not work! but for nearly £550 for 2 nights im sorry but i do expect the best like a good cooked breakfast! 1 sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, a bit of scrambled egg with black pudding and half a tomato is not a full english! Think hash browns...beans.....plum tomatoes.... fried bread....- that is a full english! And if you're having breakfast on a Sunday make sure you're down early as the lady serving breakfast did nothing but moan because no-one had come down yet even though there was still 3/4 of an hour left before service ended. Please note breakfast does finish at 10am, which in such surroundings seems early for the weekend......lazy lie-ins? I think not! Mind you, after the sleep you've had in an excrutiatingly warm room you'll be up anyway! its nice to have a warm room on a cold day but when its a sunny day you just cant cool it down.Ok so they said there was Wifi in the room...this didnt work!

The shower looked great but if you put the side jets on the shower head produced cold water...there's a cold douche if i wanted that! the shower screen is so small that you get a squeegee in the bathroom to dry the floor!

The hot tub is sooo chlorinated it burnt your eyes.....so beware! The sink and the bath downstairs didnt have any, and i mean any water from the hot taps, but again that was my fault as it was an easy fix so said the owner, just an air lock in the system. Well fix it then!! The nice gesture of the tea and cake..... well the sour milk was still their a day and a half later on the side! Oh yer order a private Taxi that is insured to take you out if you need to,which is what we thought they would organise until we saw the "owner" get in his car and wave us over. We had the owner take us down to the local..when asked how much he just said 'its ok i ll put it on ya bill'. So on the way back we ordered a taxi that cost us £3.80. Looking at the bill the owner charged us £9.50!! When i said 'You're on a good earner with that' he said 'no you did well it usually costs more then a tenner to get back here'....not sure how that works as taxis have a set fair laid out by the council? Take your own drinks as the bar (well i say bar) fridge outside the door charges £4.50 for a small bottle of wine, you no the 1's 3 for a fiver in sainsburys, i thought airlines had it good least they bring it to you! oh but if you do take your own remember to take your empties because if you don't its guess what?? a £5 charge! Our little lad was so ready to come home which is such a shame when you want to treat him and the wife, mainly because as soon as the sun came up it came straight through a window on to his head..the window didnt have any curtain up around it!

Weve stopped at some lovely places for a fraction of the price Whittlebury hall was half the price with an evening meal chucked in, in a beautifull restaurant. risley hall, the rembradt to name a few.

All in all a nice looking place but seriously overpriced.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank bluedazza
Ravensett, Owner at Dannah Farm Country House, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Trip advisor is a very helpful tool but does need to be read sometimes with “a pinch of salt”. Those of you who are avid followers will have seen this gentleman’s previous report which was a little confrontational and personal in places, and was taken down by Trip Advisor. This is much better!

We do take any complaints very seriously but I don’t tend make a management response on T/A as if I possibly can I much prefer to reply to any complaints fully and personally, as I have done with this gentleman.

However, as I have started, I will just say two things: Firstly a very big thank you to all our guests who take the time and trouble to write to Trip Advisor – we really do appreciate your feedback. Secondly, perhaps I could make the point that any problems are impossible to sort out if the issue is not mentioned until the guest is leaving. Things occasionally happen which are disastrous, but fortunately for the most part, if only guests let us know as soon as possible, any problems which do occur from time to time can be solved very quickly. I find my psychic abilities are on the wane as I get older!!

We post all reports on our own website – “the good, the bad and the ugly” – and “bluedazza’s” original report and my personal response to him can be read there in full – especially good for insomniacs!!!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Im quite picky myself where I go and stay, I do not stay at standard hotels and feel most at home at 5* , unique and quirky places to have a romantic get away. I tend to find places with good reviews who offer something abit more then your standard place. Dannah farm came up as it has two hot tubs with two of its room., So its unquie and worth a visit. Im from Stoke on trent so it was a pleasure to drive over to the peak district, Dannah farm on arrival, was very much out of the way, amazing views so I was impressed already. We were both met by a lovely lovely women called ange, and little Frank... How adorable as they both showed me around the place... I asked to look at my next choice room to stay in next time which was the Grannery suite.. Yes its pretty steep priced at 280.00 but thought I would take a look around this place. Loved that room, its on two floors, 2 bathrooms, and a massive hot tub outside.. So yes I will be booking that room when I get some more pennies. hahahaha We had a chat with the girls that were working there, and all were lovely to chat too... Ange got us both a pot of tea on a tray with lots of different HOME MADE slices of cake!!! Now what a welcome, and this was for free.. we didnt have this on our bill and thought what a lovely welcome. That alone made me smile.

Little frank who is 2 helped give us a tour around the place, so cute and adorable!

My partner had booked the studio room as it came with the hot tub, the reason he said he choose that was that we could sit under the stars and celebrate my 26th birthday, Rather romantic.

Good choice, the room was on two levels, its quite small but it was unique which is what I like. I shall upload pictures on here so you can see it for your self.

The room boasted a lovely outside area with candles, and a hot tub, everything was private except the owner two big friendly dogs watching us through the fence... Couldnt help myself I gave them both abit of my birthday cake.:)

It came with bath robes, slippers, and towels for the hot tube...

The bed was super comfortable, sheets were soft to touch! Excellent sleep!

The room had a dvd player, good tv, basically a home from home. The only thing I didnt like myself and this is why I would pay the extra 80.00 and thats to book the main room. Was the bathroom, it was very small for me, it had a shower only, and seemed quite dark as their was no window in the bathroom. Now obviouslly it makes up the fact we had the hot tub.. so I was still happy. But I wouldnt be staying in that room again! I like big bathrooms with big baths, and The grannery has two... so thats my ideal room when I rebook.

Breakfast..... Oh my god!!!!1 Their breakfast was the best one ive tasted since I stayed at hotels for my weekend away... The mushrooms were huge, cooked in butter, Thick quality bacon and sausages, The butcher types, Poached egg, Not over done!!! And the scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked and very creamy. So who ever cooked the breakfast that morning, wow....!!!!!!!

So all in all a fab stay, I shall be revisiting them when I need another treat away... Hot tub is such a lovely lovely touch and I think ,makes this pace very unique indeed. A romantic quiet get away to recharge ones batteries.

THANKS DANNAH FARM FOR A WONDERFUL 26TH BIRTHDAY & ROMANTIC GETAWAY... BIG THANKS TO THE WOMEN WHO COOKED OUR BREAKFAST AND A BIG HELLO AND THANKS TO ANGE AND HER LITTLE HELPER FRANK.

p.s If the owners are reading this, may I say, what a good idea would be from a customer point of view is; On your rooms, especially the stuido door, instead of having a sign on it saying PRIVATE, would be nice to see THE STUDIO, as all of your rooms are individual and unique to one another, having the room names on the doors on all the feature rooms would be an added unique touch to your place. If I had your place thats something I would do!

Thanks again for a great getaway.

Will be back soon... very soon... to have the Grannery Suite.

Room Tip: Grannery Suite is the best, But stuido is good if you fine with a small bathroom and no bath. Personally I would pay the extra price and get the better bigger and best hot tub room grannery suite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We have returned from a couple of days at Dannah Farm, it was a lovely quiet couple of days in charming surroundings. Upon our arrival we were taken into the sitting rooms to show us where we could relax, gather information on walks and places to see in the area, and also shown the honesty box (which means you could take any of the wines or small snacks from the sitting room, just write down what you had taken, it would be then put on your bill at the end of your stay). my husband and I found this charming. We were taken to The Red Room which we had for one evening, it was beautiful, and huge, with everything you could want from the opulent bathroom with a lovely bath and fabulous shower, with a chair beside the bath so you could chat as you bathed. The room is full of nik naks, which are placed all over the room and so enhance the surroundings. We ordered a Cold Platter as we did not want to leave the farm in the evening, it was delicious, Cheese, Cold Meats, Pate, Salads, Humous, smoked salmon parcels, chutneys, coleslaw, to much to mention any more. Also a lovely sweet to finish off the platter. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept in and the quality of the bed linen was excellent. We had the full english at breakfast in the morning and it was very filling and could not be faulted. The next evening we stayed in The Gorse, it was not as opulent, but was not meant to be, it was lovely, quaint and sweet, again the bed was beautifully presented and very very comfortable. We are looking forward to our next stay at this charming little hideaway. We found the staff and the owners very, very friendly and willing to help with anything. They will even let you take the family dogs for a walk should you wish to do so.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple