“Gorgeous central cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
Swift Cottage in Tideswell
Our unrivalled outdoor dining area has superb views Comfortable Living Room. Free Wifi ,BluRay ,HD FreeSat , Selection of books , games and DVD's
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Swift Cottage in Tideswell
Our unrivalled outdoor dining area has superb views
Our dining table seats six.
Our modern kitchen is well equipped.
The warm and welcoming landing area.
Our Luxury Bathroom with separate shower, whirlpool bath and underfloor heating
Basin and mirror with shaver point and demister
Clean and modern our shower is pure luxury
View from the bedroom window
Quality teak garden furniture
Savour the views whilst relaxing in comfort.
Well-maintained enclosed garden
Sunset from the terrace
Snowy dawn from the bedroom
Tideswell Church St John the Baptist, February 2012
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

derbyshire
“Gorgeous central cottage”
Reviewed June 9, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

Fantastic place. We stayed here with our 4 year old, 1 year old (in a travel cot) and my parents in law. All enjoyed the cottage and its location. Very easy access in to the village for the great cafes, pubs, shops and facilities, such beautiful views and lovely walks direct from the door step. The cottage is well equipped, homely, clean, modern and very well designed for families with a cot and highchair if required, doors and stair gates to prevent access to stairs, and lots of games, dvds and books for families. Luckily for us the weather was also well behaved so we enjoyed the most of the beautiful garden and terrace all weekend. Lovely neighbours next door who our 4 year old got quite chatty with.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: beautiful views, comfortable rooms, clean and modern, well equipped, family friendly
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Management Response
8 Jun 2012
Hi - thanks for taking the time to write this great review! Glad you and family (4 adults, toddler and one year old) all enjoyed the cottage. You certainly had the best of the weather so far this "summer" and we were pleased you were able to make the best of the garden and patio.
Wickhambrook
Reviewed May 31, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

gadgetgir...
UK
“Wonderful relaxing cottage”
Reviewed May 16, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

Despite the torrential rain at the end of April, we thoroughly enjoyed our week at Swift Cottage.

The cottage has everything you could wish for; linen, towels, all kitchen gadgets, DVDs, books with info on the local area, and even a laptop and wifi so you can look up local attractions.

The new bathroom had a whirlpool bath, which I took advantage of after walking 8 miles of the Monsal Trail (8 miles may not be a lot, but it is with a dog and an 18 month old!).

Comfortable beds, plump pillows, snuggly duvets, a sofa perfect for vegetating, and fantastic views from the front windows! Even the next door neighbours were lovely! Did I mention the welcome pack with wine, milk, bread and sticky toffee pudding...?

Most useful for us was the stairgate at the top of the stairs, so we could let our 18 month old roam around without worrying about him falling down the stairs.

The only improvement I could think of would be a little more space in a cupboard to put some food, but other than that, I really can't fault the cottage, and would recommend it to anyone.

ps - if anyone finds a yellow foam banana, please let me know! My boy hid it so well we couldn't find it!

Liked best: The wonderful bathroom
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
Kent
Reviewed May 14, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Ormskirk
Reviewed May 14, 2012 for a stay in May 2012

Mark P
Lancashire, U.K
“Fantastic Family Break - We ALL absolutely LOVED Swift Cottage”
Reviewed May 10, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic short break we had in Tideswell staying for 3 nights at Swift Cottage. I booked the cottage last year as we always like to go away for my birthday over the Bank Holiday. It was myself, my wife and the two children. We do go away a good few times a year and I do spend a lot of time researching so I can be sure the place I choose is perfect for me and the family.....you could say Im a little fussy!

We arrived on the Friday evening, parked up on the road outside with no problems. Up the steps and through the well kept front area, with ample seating and a little pond (dont worry those with kids as there is a gate at the top that can be 'locked').

The cottage was lovely and warm when we opened the door and as you do, we all had a walk round to 'check it out'...wow!!! Myself & my wife loved it straight away, the kids were over excited at the thought of staying here.

Modern, clean, cosy, all mod cons, decor fab, superb new bathroom, wooden floors in the bedrooms and lounge. Great views from the lounge and bedroom windows looking over the fields.

A welcome pack of a bottle of wine (yep I managed to drink it all), milk, bread, fudge, marmalade, jam & fresh flowers greeted us.

We ate at the George Hotel on Friday night. You must try the Steak on a 'Rock', it comes part cooked and the rock is a Volcanic rock heated up to hotter than a barbecue (watch those fingers). You basically slice the steak and cook yourself! Great idea. A nice pint as well.

Tried out the log burner Friday night - excellent - nice and cosy in the front room.

We didn't know but the Tideswell food festival was on the Saturday, free samples all round! 40+ stalls. This was great we spent the whole day around the village.

Matlock Bath & Abraham Heights it was on the Sunday. Recommended day out.

All in all this was a great short break, to make it great to me the 'accommodation' has to tick all the boxes and so does the village / town you stay in - ALL BOXES TICKED here!!

The communication with the owners was excellent also, all my questions answered in great detail...... and I did have a few!

We will be back. Thanks.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Milton Keynes
Reviewed May 9, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing