“amazing day, amazing birds”

Falconry UK Thirsk Birds of Prey Centre
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Thirsk
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the thrills and excitement of falconry at the Birds of Prey and Conservation Centre, with over 70 birds and 30 species.Eagles, falcons, hawks, kites, vultures and owls will swoop and dive around you as you sit in a beautiful arena. Our skilled handlers will explain why the birds hunt and fly as they do, where they come from in the wild and how they are trained.We also provide falconry experience days for both adults and children, experiences days start from £30..
Reviewed 27 September 2017

i visited the centre as part of a bird of prey photography day. The staff were brilliant and extremely helpful, including providing photograph advice and tips. We were able to phototgraph a golden eagle, little owl, goshawk, peregrine, kite, kestrel and sea eagle amongst a number of other birds during a very full and enjoyable day.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"well worth a visit"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We had a wonderful day. The birds were spectacular. The handlers were brilliant talking us through all the bird history etc:- Very well looked after place. I recommend it for people who love all wild birds.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

An excellent day was had by my wife (observer) and myself. A warm drink when we arrived followed by a close encounter with eagles before moving on to having a bird fly 'to hand' (glove)
We then listened to a short talk on equipment and bird behaviour.
The 'experience' culminated in a walk with a Harris Hawk (Dylan) who seemed to delight in arriving silently at speed despite carrying 2 warning bells for us to keep track of his whereabouts,
The staff were VERY friendly and knowledgeable with no questions remaining unanswered.
The birds are in superb condition and there is obviously love and caring between trainer and bird.
Only problem was - the half day was not long enough so I will be returning for a longer session.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I received a whole day experience here as a birthday gift. I cannot rightly remember how many others shared in my day but I think five.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. There are 3 staff involved in the bird handling side of things and they are all friendly and knowledgable. Their enthusiasm and dedication is very evident in both an organised day and in the displays for other visitors.

The birds are clearly well cared for and the whole place has an air of order and cleanliness. On the "experience" you have an opportunity to handle a variety of different birds

I would think you might typically spend a couple of hours here at least and whatever time of the day is good as there are three organised displays throughout the day.

My day lasted from 10 until 3.30 and I enjoyed every minute. You don't necessarily need to be an avid bird watcher to enjoy but obviously a love of nature helps!