Just returned from DTR!! We went there only because I wanted to go quadding at Bighorn Dam and didn't want to drive back to Red Deer in the same day. I was pleasently surprised to find a music festival!!
We had an excellent time. Yes the rooms were dated, but clean. You will not find a cleaner property, or better views. The staff was great, and I also spoke to the owners and they were great. Definitely not what a previous commenter described!! They were more than helpful and accommodating to me and my wife.
We ate at the restaurant a few times and it was good. Priced reasonably with great service. As for the complainers of prices in the store, this is quite typical of all retail on the Banff highway. Bring what you want from Walmart to avoid high prices!!
We walked the campground to get to the festival, very clean and well kept. Staff was more than willing to offer a ride on their golf cart as well.
A big thanks to Moe Bandy for all his entertainment and for taking his time to talk with us!! I will be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are dedicated to making memories for families by providing affordable fun, a wilderness experience with all the amenities and an overall quality experience for friends and families in the Canadian Rockies. Amenities include a hotel , campground, cabins, RV rentals, Group camps for weddings and reunions, full service restaurant, convenience store, liquor store, gas station and gift shop. We have mini-golf, Frisbee-golf, volleyball, basketball, horseshoes and badminton on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your David Thompson Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- David Thompson Hotel Nordegg
- David Thompson Resort Nordegg, Alberta