“Absolutely beautiful! ”

Samara Rainforest Retreat & Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Buderim
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I'll start by saying that I have never experienced this kind personal service in all my years of travelling.
Rick and Jaz (and darling Molly) are truly remarkable! Nothing was too much trouble. Anything we wanted, at any time!
The entire premises is immaculate!
Daily happy hour is a fantastic and unexpected touch.
Bedding and pillows are heavenly.
WiFi, Foxtel Go, Plex all available at the touch of a button.
The daily breakfast was great! Enough to fill you for hours!

The spa treatment literally... put me to sleep. Anita and Julie are artists! Thank you ladies!

Not one single negative thing can be said about our stay at Samara. We will definitely go back!!
We miss Molly already!!

A massive thank you to Rick and Jaz, you are true masters of your craft!

One thing I'd recommend is having your own transport if you plan to see the sights as it's secluded and little ways from some of the main attractions on the Sunshine Coast.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RDHOZ, Owner at Samara Rainforest Retreat & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hi Troy & Sandra,

Thank you soo much for your kind words.

It was a real pleasure having you stay with us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We promise to try and turn the rain off if you visit again.

Rick, Jaz and Molly

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We choose Samara for our 10th Wedding anniversary which was a very important milestone for us. We wanted something low key and relaxing and Samara delivered that for us. From the time we met Rick and Jaz we felt welcomed and relaxed. The massage, location, the bar and the breakfast were so amazing that we wanted to share our experience with others. We loved the fact from our balcony what you see in just rain forest and immediately feel close to nature and relaxed. The best weekend we had and thanks a lot to Rick and Jaz for their hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suryapnaidu
Reviewed 19 June 2017

I don't often leave reviews but this place has amazing hospitality and amazing atmosphere. Quiet, peaceful and relaxing! Rick and Jaz were amazing hosts and very accommodating. Lovely welcome reception and the on-site treatments are luxurious.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Samararetreat, Owner at Samara Rainforest Retreat & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Hi Claude,
It was such a pleasure to have you and your fiancé :-) (Sally) with us.
You make a lovely couple and we wish you all the best for your future.
Thank you for sharing your very special moment with us.

Jaz & Rick

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Spent a glorious weekend at Samara, lapping up the luxurious surrounds and generous hospitality shown to us by hosts Rick and Jaz (and Honey and Molly). From the moment we arrived, everything about our stay was totally enjoyable. The house is amazing, from the stunning entry to rain forest backdrop - and everything in between. We enjoyed a thoroughly relaxing massage on site as part of our package and were spoiled rotten to have the whole place to ourselves for a lazy Sunday we won't soon forget. A1 hosts, A1 lodgings, A1 hospitality in the Buddha bar and at the breakfast table. Just fantastic!

Room Tip: Bridge suite looks out over the rain forest and has its own outdoor seating area with access to the...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stu W
Rick H, Owner at Samara Rainforest Retreat & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Hi Stuart & Caroline,

Thank you so much for your review. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us.

Both Jaz and I hope that you had a safe trip home and we hope to see you again one day soon.

Keep well.

R & J

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Firstly, let me tell you this is the first review I have ever written, not because I'm lazy, just because I really never had a reason to write one previously. In the past our little getaways had always been good but nothing to write home about. I even got my partner to open this Tripadvisor account and showe me how to use it.

So let me set the scene, tired cranky and having worked exceedingly hard for the past 12 weeks as it was the silly season and we work in hospitality we just needed to get away for a couple of days as life was getting us down.

So we went travel site surfing and up popped this new place on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

At first we where a little uncertain as it was new, but the photographs and information we found on their website pushed us over the edge and we took the plunge.(We decided to book directly on their website as we got a better price than on the travel sites)

Something we will never regret doing. It was amazing.............

We arrived at about 4pm on Friday and we where met by both Jaz and Rick the hosts at the door and their first thing they said was that we had to make a very difficult decision before anything else.

Would we like a glass of champagne while overlooking the rainforest or would we like to see our suite first.

Hard decision. Ill let you guess what we did.!!

It was all a blur after that, we went out to dinner at a local restaurant called Erawan's on top of Buderim for dinner came home to one of the most amazing sites I have ever seen, the Samara rainforest and gardens lit up looking like a postcard from some fantasy land.

We then decided to go for a swim in the pool which has a infinite edge looking over the rainforest we then sat on the terrace and sipped wine while listening to the sounds of the rainforest at night.

Amaaazzzzing. So relaxing.

We had booked a 2 day package with 2 Spa treatments each so we woke up to an amazing continental breakfast the first morning and then it was off for our first treatments.

We had booked a couples massage, oh my god, Anita is a Angel, this is the best massage I have ever had.

We started with a foot bath and a glass of champagne in the Buddha bar and then we where shown into the treatment room which was once again overlooking the rainforest, it actually felt like we where in the middle of the rainforest.

After and hour I could hardly get up, i was so relaxed. We where then presented with a refreshment platter that was again Amazzzing. Sorry I know I keep using the word amazing, but it really was. Amazzinng.

We then decided to tour the Sunshine Coast Hinterland and visited Montville which was about a 15 minute drive from Samara.

The next day we had both booked different treatments, my partner had booked a facial and i had booked another massage. I know, i know, it was amazzzing. Ha ha

What can I say we will be returning over and over again. In fact we are booked in again after the Easter holidays are over and we get some more time off.

Rick and Jaz are ( yes, you guessed it ) Amaaazzzing hosts they looked after us so well.

Sorry and not forgetting Juliette and Anita, they are amaaazzzzinggg :-)

Room Tip: The Bridge suite is Amaazzzzingggggg ha ha.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George-Dianne-Dove
SamaraRR, Owner at Samara Rainforest Retreat & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Hi George & Dianne,

It was a real pleasure to have you stay with us, thank you for your kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Rick & Jaz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buderim
10.2 km away
35.3 km away
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
34.9 km away
Peppers Noosa Resort and Villas

Been to Samara Rainforest Retreat & Day Spa? Share your experiences!