All reviewsthe main streetshared balconypubmemorabiliamealsbonushistoryyuck
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend cricket reunion weekend..

Asked for a single room, the bed was smaller than I have at home and I have a king single.

Dirty and unclean room.
A/c looks like it hadn't been cleaned in months, had to ask the amazingly helpful girl for simple luxurious such as ice cubes, a dead fly on the window sill above the toilet, half the windows wouldn't open, mould on the tiles and in the grouting in the shower.

They charge extra (over $30) for simple room turnover, daily.

Paid for the first room in advance at $90 p/n, was made to pay $95 p/n for the next two nights the day I arrived.
I've worked in hospitality for over 10 years, and that room is worth $80 at best.

Only upside, the steak dinner I had was amazing and the girl on concierge seemed to be doing everything in the pub during my stay, cudos to her efforts.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

Booked through Wotif 3 days out from checkin date, arrived after driving all day at 5.30pm only to be told that there wasn't a room and they don't know why wotif still had it listed. I confirmed with wotif the situation and they confirmed absolutely no attempt was made by hotel to let wotif know or for them to pass on the message to myself.

The receptionist was rude and showed no empathy in advising the situation, offered no alternatives or suggestions... zero service, only arrogance.

We had to then drive another hour to find accomodation as there were no other vacancies in Ingham:

Book with caution as every chance you will be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on the way to Port Douglas. Friendly receptionist and clean enough room, I thought, when entering but not easy lugging suitcases up the stairs. No rooms on the ground floor. So glad we got this as a discount as I would hate to have paid the full price. Right in the middle of the main street. Bathroom very old, though clean and shower nozzle so badly placed that your skin touches the shower curtain. Blanket was VERY soiled (yuck!) and we needed the air con on as we couldn't open windows as it goes on to a shared balcony. Doors feel very flimsy and there are no inside locks for you to feel safe. However having said that - it felt "clean enough" apart from the filthy blanket and my husband enjoyed the feeling of being in an old pub. Not my ideal type of accomodation but it provided a place to rest our heads and as I said, the receptionist was very nice.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2017

Nice hotel. Central to town. Our room was small but functional. Sink is in the bed area which was different. Microwave provided but no bowls. Taps in the shower were opposite to normal. Batteries in the tv remote on their last legs. Very clean and comfortable. Slept well.
Food in the restaurant was very good and it had areal community-based feel.
No secure parking. You park out the front.

Room Tip: Take valuables out of car out front
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2016

Hotel/motel is well positioned in town. Rooms are small, barely enough room for the double bed, but they are clean. Access to the first floor is by stairs only. Tea coffee and biscuits are supplied. Meals at the hotel are rather overpriced for what they are - marginally better than traditional 'pub fare' - but priced at the lower and of restaurant menus.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business