Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Birdworld Kuranda
from US$23.70
from US$161.30
from US$121.40
from US$121.40
More Info
All reviews beautiful birds bird food bird lovers bird world shiny things cheeky birds native birds large aviary huge variety of birds fly freely water birds gold macaw feathered friends perch hand feeding bird life lots of fun
Reviewed 5 days ago

Great attraction located at the rear of the Kuranda Heritage Markets.
Reasonably priced attraction to suit all ages.
This is a fully free flight aviary with many native birds including parakeets, lorikeets, finches, Cockatoos and a whole load more.
Cassowarry comes right to the fence. This is a pond with ducks, swans and even a small turtle.

Reviewed 5 days ago

Birds can fly around what is much better as the small cages we saw in other places. But the Cassowary did look a bit sad all alone.
Don't expect to see only Australian birds, most are from all around the world, as the name of this place suggest.
The macaw did try to wreck caps and backpacks (in seconds), so watch out.
We did like the place very well and spend over one hour here.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We enjoyed this attraction, but would not have made the trip just to visit it, we happened to be in Kuranda. The birds are very pretty, as long as you have no issues with them being in a large aviary and many are very tame, allowing hand feeding, including items that the birds really shouldn't have consumed.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Our second Enjoyable Experience in Birdworld Kuranda over 3YEARS.
So many Breeds and Sizes of Colourful Birds.

They Sit on You and Some Chew the Buttons Off Your Cap.

The Large Colourful South American Maccaw are Sociable and

Will Sit on Your Shoulder for a Photo Shoot.

Nature Lovers flock here while in Kuranda .

Suitable for Couples and families.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My children aged 7 & 9 and I recently visited this bird park in Kuranda. It is a fairly small park, however there is such a large variety of birds you can interact with. All the birds looked in good condition and had a good selection of seeds, fruit and vegetables at the feeding stations. The birds were quite gentle, although the larger ones were quite cheeky - a couple opened backpacks and stole hats etc. My children thought it was the best activity we did on our holiday in Cairns

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Be careful! I am a bird lover, but be aware that you get really close to active and intelligent birds that know how to hack into the food bag! They fly at you, sit at you, pick at your cap etc. But it was worth it. You can by bird food and can take as many pictures as you like. This is the opportunity to have the pic with birds on you!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having been to a few bird tourist attractions interstate & overseas I was disappointed, especially since we enjoyed the Butterfly Sanctuary so much previously (Right next door & same sort of layout, although prettier & well staffed whom were all extremely friendly)

It quite literally was 5mins to walk around, with the main small area being as soon as you walk in.

Aside from the lady who sold us our tickets we saw no other staff. We went later in the day which meant fewer people, so I can't imagine how it must be during peak times.

Unlike most similar animal attractions there was no way of getting any professional photos done with the main attraction birds, much less staff to assist if the birds attacked someone, had any further questions relating to the birds etc

Given I felt the price was already overpriced for what you get (I didn't pay much more to attend Hartley's Crocodile Adventures under a local rate) I was quite shocked at this.

There were many tourists whom clearly did freak out when birds came near & an elderley lady was bitten & bitten hard (with blood) coming from her finger.

Tourists were literally left all standing around together, past reviews & their then comments from mgmt say essentially "staff are too busy" doing other jobs.

Mmm, what could be more important than looking after your paying customer's?

Whilst looking after birds is clearly important these places shouldn't be left to their own devices & if you can't employ 1 person to oversee the whole day inside then that tells me you don't value your visitor's experiences.

I'm sure many customers would be happy to pay upwards of $20 for a decent photo with a bird so I'm sure this alone would cover wages of such a staff member.

Being given just a piece of paper on what you may find inside of the aviary doesn't tell you alot.

Personally unlike all my visits to Cairns & beyond tourist attractions I wouldn't go again.

Lots of room for improvement in my eyes.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great spot, good fun, some rare and beautiful birds. Worth a visit. You are right in the action with Birds flying around you and in my case a bird settling on my backpack and walking around with me.!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The place is fairly small but is rammed full of amazingly colourful and interesting birds. It is fun to be walking around with them and everywhere you look there was another bird. Great fun.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am an avid bird lover and looked forward to seeing many of the Australian birds that can be elusive in the wild. Unfortunately this was not a positive experience because there seem to be too many birds in too small a place. We witnessed a vicious attack by a Cockatoo on a Gala for no apparent reason, evidence of birds under stress.