“Good coffee”
Review of Nastasi's Takeaway

Nastasi's Takeaway
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Mareeba
Description: Nastasi's Takeaway is a long standing local food business. Started by our historical Nastasi Family, local tobacco growers the business has been an icon for the town of Mareeba. Our food is sourced locally, lettuce from Julatten, Fruit & Veg from Atherton Tablelands, Beef from local butchers and Spanish Mackerel from our northern Australia waters. Our beef patties are home made our pizzas and pasta sauces and made in-house - So you can taste the home cooked flavours that we offer its the best home cooked takeaway you will find! We offer Meal deals and upgrades. Try our $10 meal specials - our Quiches, salads, crumb steak and much more. Rosie's chicken is also an added menu choice with fresh wraps made in house from chicken cut and sliced and marinated in-house. Tasty and succulent fried chicken you'll keep coming back for more Catering for corporate and private functions is also on offer. We are open 7 days a week and our menu is vast so eating here is not the same day after day
Reviewed October 29, 2018 via mobile

Quality coffee and free chinos for the kids! Good to have a cafe open in the morning that has good coffee.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times during the time I've been in the area and every time I've had a great meal. Mostly I've had fish and chips, which have been very nice, always very fresh and always delicious chips. I've also had a hamburger, which was (from memory) very nice also. I appreciate that all the ingredients are sourced locally, which is a great business practice that more should strive for. It's the only thing that can guarantee our food security as a nation, with the added bonus of beautiful, fresh ingredients to make this great tucker. Thanks Nastasi's, see you next time I'm up.

Date of visit: August 2018
Nastasi T, Owner at Nastasi's Takeaway, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Reviewed February 11, 2018

We stopped for a burger & chips, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. I don't think I've had a burger that good in years. Lovely & Fresh.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

As usual we had the best Spanish Mackerel and chips from here. The family meal is a winner for us with 4 pieces of beautiful Spanish Mackerel and chips and a bottle of soft drink. Best fish and chips by far.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 3, 2017

They were shouting at customers from afar, Do you want tomato sauce? No response, even louder DO YOU WANT TOMATO SAUCE? Everyone was yelling or speaking at top of lungs. Waitress came over to where I was seated and shoved a miniscule docket under my nose and said aggressively "Do you want it here?". I didn't know what the 3 x 4cm docket said and a short conversation ensued where she became increasingly rude. I explained my order was "to have here" and I told the other waitress that. She then said the other waitress was new and seemed to intimate that I was somehow at fault. Food was what you would expect at a greasyspoon joint but the coffee was excellent. Another perplexing and somewhat hilarious experience in a North Queensland cafe.

Date of visit: November 2017