“Easy to park with the newly built parking areas but you'll pay in more ways than one”

Maroochydore, Sunshine Plaza
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Getting really annoyed with the introduction of paid parking in the shopping centres and am at a loss as to why retailers in the centres don't realise that this will drive some of their potential customers away. It's so much easier to shop online. I'm not sure who designed the new parking areas but once you get in there it's almost impossible to get out without a long queue being involved, not to mention actually finding the EXIT. I ended up having to pay at the exit as it took more than 20 minutes to get out. Ridiculous. The machine where you pay prior to leaving won't scan movie tickets sometimes and overall it's just too much of a hassle here. The pick of the paid parking shopping centres would have to be Chermside.

All reviews
"water activities"
"something for everyone"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

I enjoy coming here when I visit the Sunshine Coast. This place certainly embraces the beachside way of living.

I have been coming here for well over 20 yrs, during my holidays. And having worked in retail for 10 of those yrs, I can say I am envious of the staff.

It's positioned over an estuary, with cafes and shops sharing this common area.

Very easy access, although the car park can be full on at times. But, the shopping center is a nice one.

Enjoy when you visit!

Reviewed March 26, 2018

This has improved since the new parking facility has opened easy to get around and has plenty of everything. A major department store boutique shops and name brands has everything Brisbane has to offer without the drive if you live local a must visit

Reviewed March 24, 2018

This is the best shopping centre it’s very clean and lots of stores to look through we loved it Great

See more reviews
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Took some friend who are here for a holiday. But there have been changes. Customers who are shopping have to pay for the privilege. The first 3 hours are free and extra time is awarded if you spent $150 or over.
We did spend that amount so set about finding where the “laughably” name customer service area was. I should at this point say that the lady I dealt with in this area was pleasant but the decision makers leave a lot to be desired.
The sign for customer service pointed in one direction. However the counter was at the other end of the centre. A sign at this end directed the customer to “Info”, not customer service! After having the ticket issued for extra parking, I was told that I would need to go to a pay machine, enter my rego details and the monetary amount would be removed and I would be able to access the centre. No signs anywhere for payment machines and when I asked I was told “either over the bridge or near the lifts” Not much use if you are a visitor and don’t know where these areas are. After a lot of walking and searching I found a machine, hidden around a corner, near some parking area, unfortunately now where near where I had parked! The instructions on the machine were extremely poor, pity international visitors, but finally I retrieved an appropriate ticket.
Meanwhile another member of our group had searched for another payment machine. She did find one hidden behind a pillar, near woolworths! Poor colouring, no signage and ridiculous location again indicated that this whole fiasco has been poorly thought out and implemented.
Hopefully some one may decided to actually put appropriate signage in place, make the pay machines clearly visible and appropriately located or even better still scrap making people pay to shop!