All reviews happy hour muesli the cottages spa bath outdoor lounge five nights melanie and rob private cottage onsite cafe business trip last minute decision meet other guests road noise glass of wine breakfast was included lovely surrounds middle of town
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I came to stay here for a night the room was beautiful loved the decor and feeling of the room and the spa bath was bliss! we would come back and stay, and the front store is adorable!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2016 via mobile

My business trips don't give me any time to enjoy the area, so I look for a homely venue where I can relax after a busy day and catch up on work correspondence in comfort. The Pockets have secluded villas where I can set up and work, cook my dinner with ease and get at last a little bit of tv time before bed. But, the best visit is when their villas are fully booked and I get bumped to the off site cottage, which is a high set Queenslander where you get the upstairs. It comes with a full kitchen, bathroom, comfortable bedrooms and sitting room complete with a fully loaded Foxtel! There is also a great balcony overlooking the neighbourhood and surrounding countryside. Its just like being at home! The hosts welcome you with a friendly smile, and makes being away from my family a little more acceptable.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2016

This property holds itself out as a Bed & Breakfast. The website proudly proclaims that but it is not the case. The breakfast part is a $5 tack on represented by a cup of coffee of tea at the adjacent bric a brac shop with a piece of sweet cake or bun or loaf etc. The cottages are well appointed, clean and the linen is superb but the accommodation stumbles as the shower is a travesty......the water presents as a dribble. If I chose to be a B & B operator I would ensure the all clocks provided actually worked. It is not a good look to arrive and be presented with a wall clock that is petrified in time.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Peter B
Melanie v, Owner at Allumbah Pocket Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2016

Hi Peter, your review is disappointing and mirepresenting. We deliberately do not charge for breakie unless guests want it, and our price for a stay reflects that. The $5 we ask is a fraction of the cost of what the breakie is worth, offerring skybury coffee, organic boutique tea, mungalli milk, gf banana and date meusli with organic honey youghurt, raisen or toasted bread with local condiments, potato and leek quiches and croissants with fruit to go just to name a few things on the menu. The average breakie purchased includes a bushie bite quiche, meusli and 2 coffees - (its free top ups) - in any other environment that would cost a person at least $28. It is provided at the onsite Milly Molly Mandy Providence Cafe and Gift Shop, which is part of the business - it certainly doesnt fall into the category of a bric brac shop - thats most insulting, it is boutique and specifically stocked with things to please our guests. We offer hampers but we find nearly everyone prefers to come to the cafe so the coffee is hot, breakie is served and they have the company of other guests. The broken clock we presume is the 1901 clock which was my grandfathers. As we are heritage themed it suits the cottage but agree it is not functional. Never intended it to be. Thirdly, we recently upgraded the water systems, we are at a loss to reply to the comment that the shower had no pressure, had you mentioned it to someone on site we could have checked it out immediately to see if there was a problem. All we can say is those that followed you have not complained.
You failed to mention the ambience of the environment, the free wine and nibbles, outdoor jacuzzi or fridge stocked with sauces and other bbq necessities should guests want to use them. No Peter, you are free to write whatever you choose but this review is unfair we hope that my response goes someway to repairing the damage you caused.

Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

Perfect for 10 of us to have a few days away to celebrate Melbourne Cup! Rooms beautifully kept, private stunning gardens, excellent communal area for the TV, lounge & basic kitchen facilities. Really lovely service from our hosts who helped organise the catering too!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

If you want a quiet getaway this is the place. Each cottage tucked away from each other. There is a common area to meet others. Birds can be heard everywhere. However not much open around area on Monday night. Hotel has some specials. Lovely area

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple