“Food didn’t make it home ”
Review of Cafe primo

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe primo
Ranked #15 of 31 Restaurants in Whyalla
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed May 18, 2018 via mobile

Food was good, service was ok. Very confusing dinning room, we came through the back door and wasn’t sure where to go. Staff weren’t very helpful! Meal was good but unfortunately mine didn’t make it home on the car side home! Not saying it was the foods fault because my partner had the same meal and he was fine. Probably will come back now I understand the dinning room and where to order.

Reviewed January 16, 2018

Caffe Primo is now our place of choice when we eat out! Very friendly and attentive staff and no request is too big or small. We like our schnitzels pan fried, not drowned in oil, and they are only too happy to oblige and it is definitely the best chicken parmigiana in town. Nice relaxed atmosphere and ambience.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

Where can you go in Whyalla for a good feed was the only question I asked myself for taking my wife and cousin (on a visit from Kangaroo Island). In the past the Sundowner and Westland's were two places visited in the past, had considered the Bay View but having dined at Cafe Primo Pt Augusta in the past opted for Whyalla's Cafe Primo.

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

Went to dinner with a couple of friends on a Saturday night. No complaints at all from anyone about their meals they were all delicious and fantastically priced. Pints of beer and cider on tap were $6 all day everyday. Only downsides were although their cocktails were tasty as they were higher priced compared to others in town and once dinner was done the atmosphere was quiet... could have done with some music or some sort of entertainment for a Saturday evening to keep us there longer.

Reviewed December 31, 2016

Thought we would try dining here again. Staff were very busy but we waited over 5 minutes to be given a table as they continued to serve people that were in line to order meals or standing at the bar ordering drinks, but we were standing where it said wait to be seated as we had a reservation. Staff walked past us several times but did not acknowledge us or make any form of greeting. We were deciding whether to leave when finally a very rude male staff member (I believe his name was Shaun) asked us if we had a table. Informed him that we had a booking and then he proceded to talk to another couple in the ordering line asking if they had a table. So far not impressed with their service. Next I hear Shaun say "I can deal with 2 customers at once madam" in a very rude tone. The meals have improved quite a bit since our last visit.
There was one male staff member who was delivering meals to tables and he was so cheerful, polite and helpful and certainly made guest feel relaxed. Perhaps other staff working that night need to take some lessons from him. Sadly he was not wearing a name badge otherwise I would certainly be mentioning his name.