“ Very overpriced and poorly managed. ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Clearview Inn Steak and Chop House
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Portions were very small, I ordered stuffed banana peppers. There were only 4 to the order and barely had any meat at all in them. The peppers were very soggy. I called to talk to the manager who was rude and sounded drunk. Never will return

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed August 23, 2017

We have been to this place a few times and have always LOVED the food. Their steaks have always tasted amazing and the price wasn't as bad as fancier places. The atmosphere has never been great, but the food was awesome. We decided to go for a last minute anniversary dinner recently as my in-laws took all the kids for the night. I was starving! We both ordered medium rare steaks and both came out only slightly pink in the center. I really wanted a great steak and we decided to send them back. The waitress told us that they used a thermometer to check the temperature and they were at a medium rare temp, but they were making us new ones. I was shocked and asked her if she saw my steak and she said yes. The second set of steaks took 30 minutes to get to us and I was beyond starving at that point. My husband's was slightly better and by the bone almost medium rare. Mine was worse than the last. This time our waitress sent out the manager (?), she said she personally checked them and they were to temp. How was this possible when my steak was slightly pink? She fought us on it and at that point I was so hungry that I ate it, not happily. It was worse than a cheap bar steak. I'm not sure if the place changed their methods or something else, but we will not be back, ever. $32 for an overcooked steak that didn't even taste good is not worth it. I don't care what a thermometer says, but when a steak is slightly pink, it is NOT medium rare. Bummer to lose this place as we really loved it every other time.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Taryn R
Reviewed April 30, 2017

This is a really good restaurant for a casual lunch. The food is homemade, even the cole slaw!!! The burgers are not pre-prepared, but remind you of a summer cookout with friends. It's worth trying for a place that's casual, has good homemade food, and friendly people serving you!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 23, 2017

I would love this place if they did not try to be something they are not. Wait staff was wonderful - no complaints, only praise. The food however - well we had high hopes. Not fulfilled. Pricey and not great. It was okay at best. Husband had a strip ordered medium rare. It was medium well and no spices at all. My buffalo burger was tasty but had a weird texture. It was squishy. Fries were also well done, but I like them that way. They comped the steak - over $20, but it was still not great.

Again - staff is the greatest but the food was not. Sorry. Either be a bar place or a farm to table. You are standing right in the middle in a weird way.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed October 3, 2016

My wife and I are on a quest for the best burgers in Northeast Ohio. Recently we stopped at the Clearview, a great country roadhouse straddling Bath and Richfield in Summit County. The atmosphere was warm and casual. The wait staff was friendly, the mixed drinks were prepared per specifications and the Angus Burgers were outstanding!. Juicy and cooked to perfection (medium and medium rare) they were a definite 9 out of 10. Only comment, some might prefer greater seasoning. Clearview is a definite contender for best burger in NEO.

Date of visit: September 2016