“Cozy place for a winter lunch”

Ken Stewart's Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken Stewart's Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ira
Description: Inspired by log cabin living, Ken Stewart's Lodge features a cozy atmosphere that is perfect for relaxation and romance. Wander through the restaurant and immerse yourself in your surroundings before being seated at one of many intimate booths. Or, dine al fresco in front of the two-story stone fireplace on our rustic patio. Bring your appetite to the table and explore the many upscale tastes of our kitchen, distinctly prepared to your specifications. Round out your meal with a glass of wine from our award-winning list. Open for lunch or dinner, Ken Stewart's Lodge is Akron's local favorite that may soon become yours.
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Stopped in for lunch with a party of three and had a very pleasant lunch in a wonderful warm atmosphere. With a fire crackling in the hearth, the elegant hunting lodge decor was particularly appealing on a January afternoon. My husband and I both enjoyed "daily special" offerings (a huge fresh Nicoise salad for me with ahi tuna - surf and turf for hubby that consisted of perfectly tender filet and sea scallop), and a yummy looking chicken pot pie off the regular menu was delicious according to my brother in law. Since it was lunch we opted for coffee and soft drinks over alcohol, but there is an excellent wine and cocktail list for those so inclined. Our waitress was gracious and attentive, adding to the all around "good feel" of the place and we felt $90 (including tip) was an excellent value for such a fine dining experience (do note though that adding alcohol and desserts could easily have doubled that tab). Well worth a return visit, at either price point.

Reviewed 15 January 2017

We love to visit the Lodge on a cold snowy day. It reminds me of being in a National park during a snowstorm. The food is always great and the menu is full of things you will never see at a chain restaurant. The prices are high, expect about $80-$100 for two and a couple drinks. Not your everyday place, but definitely good for a special occassion.

Reviewed 24 November 2016

Dear Mr Stewart, last Friday 9/9/16 was my 65th birthday. My sister asked me if I wanted to go to Krave to celebrate it. I told her no way, I wanted to go to Ken Stewart's Lodge, because it's the best around. So my niece Stephanie, her kids ages 5 and 1, my sister Jackie, my friend Danny whose birthday is a day before mine, and I made the trip from Brimfield, Silver Lake and Peninsula.

Stephanie had no complaints. She's was busy with the kids.
Jackie, Danny and I ordered the wedge with white French dressing. When the salads eventually showed up the waitress asked if we wanted dry Roquefort on our salad. We all said yes. Maybe she was new, but this should never have been suggested. Mixing the Roquefort with white French was a bad idea, and we 3 all agreed. Our salads were ruined. Jackie mentioned the waitress doling out bread with tongs one piece at a time. Why no basket of bread? Our waitress was inattentive to our bread and water needs, yet she sat with a certain table while I tapped my feet waiting for some attention. Maybe it was because we were only drinking water?

Danny and I ordered the rib eye, and I added a lobster tail. The waitress mentioned that the steaks would be coated with something. Both steaks were on the blackish side. I thought maybe that was just the coating. I got halfway through the steak and realized that the coating had been charred/burnt on one side so I scraped it off. My lobster tail was soggy and wouldn't stay on my fork without crumbling and falling off. After 2 hours it was time to leave. There we sat and the waitress seemed oblivious, as she tended other tables. Finally Jackie said something like "we've got to get these kids out of here", and the waitress woke up. My normally thrifty sister picked up the tab of $331 and tipped $50. We didn't get our money's worth. After 18 years I'm happy to mention that this was the only bad meal I've had. The 3 other adults in the party were all new to your restaurant. Without a reason, I don't see any of us coming back.
All I'm asking for is a credit for 1/2 of what my sister spent here. it would be nice to show her what a meal from here is really like

My message was sent to Mr Stewart as a Facebook message. He didn't even bother to respond. That says it all

5  Thank Bill T
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Had dinner Saturday night. Excellent staff. Very helpful and professionally attentive.
Had three small fillets, each with a different sauce. Wow. Exceptional.
Price points are well deserved.....don't go there to save money.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We made an impromptu stop for dinner at the Italian side of Ken Stewart's Lodge. We were promptly seated yet waited too long for a server to appear. The
Outside dining area was sparse but OK for a casual meal. The scallops with risotto was well received. The Chicken Picata was
a serious miss. The Picata sauce was overwhelmingly bitter and the chicken over dredged to the point of gooey. Pasta was clearly precooked and very soft. The waiter never asked about our meals, but a manager stopped by after we were done saying "was
everything wonderful ?" and turned away. In short equal to Olive Garden @ 3 times the price.

Been to Ken Stewart's Lodge? Share your experiences!