“The employees treated us like family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South

Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Los Angeles
“The employees treated us like family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

We always enjoy visiting friends and family in Cleveland. Our visit this year was enhanced by staying at Extended Stay in Beachwood, Ohio. The hotel was very clean, the employees were very friendly, and the kitchen was very convenient for our family. The location was in a quiet area with plenty of parking. However, the hotel was also within a mile or two of many fine restaurants, the Maltz Museum, shopping malls, and grocery stories.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ShopGirlCalifornia
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 3 November 2010
– Thanks so very much for the positive review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America. We know that you had several hotel options in the Beachwood area, and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. We do hope to be able to accommodate you again the next time your travels bring you to the Beachwood area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

Booked this on Hotwire for $39/night; while not fancy (dated furniture/linens, old TV), you won't find a better place to stay in the area for this price. It's located just off of I-271 (very convenient!) but fortunately without the usual highway noise. Beachwood is a fairly upscale suburb, so the area is quiet & safe; I felt at ease staying here alone.

The front desk staff was friendly, professional & very helpful - a fact much appreciated when I set off the smoke alarm after using the electric tabletop grill to make breakfast! (Given the quick response by the front desk staff, I get the impression this happens often...) Word to the wise: don't plan on cooking anything substantial unless you enjoy dining al fresco with the fans going & windows open during a NE Ohio winter. The toaster/microwave/fridge work fine though, and there's a Trader Joe's market just down the street for some essentials.

The only drawbacks: flat pillows & a poor tv channel selection. Fortunately the bed was comfy and wifi reception was great, so I just doubled up the pillows & streamed some videos online. Problems solved!

The dated decor & lack of toiletries might be why this place is only rated 2-stars, but truthfully I've stayed in many 3-star hotels that weren't half as clean, safe and low-priced as this one. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - South, responded to this review, 4 May 2009
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Cleveland - Beachwood. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2008

It seems to be difficult anymore to find a decent hotel for under $100. I chose this hotel based on other reviews on this site, and I was pleased with my stay. It's not five stars or anything, but the room was very clean and well maintained. I felt very safe, which is important for a young female business traveler. The front desk staff was EXTREMELY friendly, and they gave me a bunch of free toothpaste when I informed them I had forgotten mine. Just remember to bring your own lotion and shampoo/conditioner, as this is not provided by the hotel.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Internet cost extra, but I had my own wirless card, anyways.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Cleveland - Beachwood. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

Booked on Hotwire for $39 a night. Room was clean. Staff friendly, manager an ex-sheriff. Entry road was confusing to me, but ok once you get there once. My bathroom had an overpowering smell of Chinese food. But only in the bathroom. I closed the door and the rest of the room was fine. Came to discover the floor below me had a family that was cooking up a full Chinese grill and putting their waste into the bathroom. I like Oriental cusine, so the smell made me hungry rather than disgusted.

• Liked — Price, location
  • Disliked — Entry road
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Cleveland - Beachwood. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Romeo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2007

I had stayed here a couple years ago on a business trip and loved it. This time I had my spouse with me. We were making a driving trip visiting friends and sites in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

I convinced my spouse we should switch to here after a disastrous late night check-in at a nearby Days Inn. (Nastiest place ever! We wish we'd walked away even though it was past 1 am already.)

This Extended Stay America has a great location near restaurants and shopping, plus close to the freeway. One of the cleanest hotels I have ever seen! The staff is super friendly. While there on business previously, they were especially helpful. My spouse could not believe they call this a "budget" hotel! It is budget in name only as far I'm concerned. I've stayed at some pricey places, and a few had room accomodations this convenient, clean and roomy as this, but at 2 or 3 times the price.

We will only be staying here in future while in the area.

This hotel is great for business travelers, friends shopping or taking in the museums etc, also couples on vacation or visiting family. If you got 2 rooms it would be perfect for those traveling with teens.

• Liked — CLEAN. Full kitchen (full frig, etc), recliner and big TV, in-room internet, dining table AND desk, big bathroom.
  • Disliked — Open closet wall, and no pool.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank packrat1
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2007

My wife and I stayed one night in the Extended Stay America on Saturday August 11. We paid $90 for the room, which I felt was high for the type of hotel this is, but because the Browns were playing, we didn't have much choice (in fact, we were lucky to get a room at all in this part of Cleveland).

The room was exactly as it was billed - an efficiency. There was a small kitchenette, a modest sized bathroom and a bed. There was also a large closet with a lot of room for clothes and suitcases. Not the kind of room that you dream about, but it looked like it'd be perfect for business travelers or people who were on an extended stay and didn't want to break the bank.

The decor was a little dated and the common areas are very basic, but our room was clean and we didn't have any problems with our stay. The location was very convenient and it's very close to I-271.

All in all, I think the Extended Stay America is ok, given that you know what type of rooms they offer and who their core clientele is.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lesmitchell
akron, oh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2007

I booked a room for 2 nights through Pricline for a total of $70 included all taxes and fees. The rooms have a nice fridge, stove, sink, and microwave. All looked very new and were very clean. The bathroom was nice sized and clean. Shower pressure a little light but not bad. There was a queen bed, chair with small desk, and small TV with plenty of channels. The draw back here was the bed and pillows. They were very very uncomfortable. The pillows were terrible. If the mattress and pillows were upgraded this would certainly be a 2 to 2.5 star hotel. It is in a nice location with several restuarants very close and shopping only 5 mins away at Beachwood Mall. My suggestion - if you are staying here bring your own pillow.

Stayed January 2007