“Extended "Skag" America” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Blue Ash
Columbus
“Extended "Skag" America”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Upon arriving to the hotel lobby, we were greeted with a sign that said, to please dial 0 and someone would be there to help shortly. The time was 2:30 pm. Well, I dialed zero and a hurried and huffy woman snapped, "Hello!". She was shouting on cell phone that kept breaking up... when I finally could hear her over the crackles and pops of a bad cell, I informed her that I was at the front desk waiting to check in. To which she replied, "Check in ain't till three, so you'll just have to wait." Kind of shocked at the rude reply I sat down on the filthy lobby chair trying not to touch the sides, and stared at the filthy lobby carpet filled with pet hair, dirt, people hair, and a used band aid. I had purchased my room through one of those bid sites, so I was resigned to my fate. Meanwhile several other people piled up to check in as well, which they found out in turn, wasn't until three. At about 2:50 pm, several people started making movements behind the counter, doing this, doing that, but not acknowledging anyone in the lobby. And right on the button at 3:00 and 02 seconds, the sign was taken down and a rather flustered gentleman with a spotted white shirt, unkempt hair, and horrible breath said, "Next!". I presented my paperwork, driver's license and credit card as par usual, and requested a room with two beds, non-smoking. He shook his head and replied, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, "This room rate be for a single only..." to which I pointed out on the paperwork, the room would be for two adults..." He stared at me and turned away and scurried to the back office. Meanwhile as the minutes passed as slowly as the bug walking across the floor at my feet, I leaned over the counter to read the previous night's auditor notes: And there it was: Room 1** complained about by being bitten by bugs and has big red welts all over to prove it!" (Almost the exact quote). That was enough for me! But I figured, I have to use the rest room anyway, and I really wanted to see how bad the rooms were out of sheer curiosity. The clerk then returned with another person. It was the snappy lady from the cell phone call. To which she began berating me for not knowing their rules, and how that pr____line screwed up, and that if I wanted a room with two people, then I will have to pay for it which was a 10 dollar upcharge. I said fine, just let me check into the single, I'll call the booking service and get it straightened out. Because the room was prepaid, she checked me into the room, but said my buddy wasn't allowed to stay in the room. I told her there were no regulations about having a visitor in your room, and assured her both of us were not planning to stay in the room. Upon visiting the room, I knew I made the right decision not stay the entire night. The furniture was broken, the carpets dirty, the bedding had THOSE stains on them and a bunch of curly hairs in the shower stall. We used the bathroom, and exited. I called pricegougers and they said they would note the stay and would contact the hotel regarding the single/double upcharge issue. Good luck if you stay here. The service is short and rude, the place is filthy, and room (120 I think) has bugs that bite you according to the complaint. Spend ten dollars more and stay someplace else!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank bayvaa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Rapids mi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

Bathroom was terribly filthy.Room did not seem to have been clean at all. Would not spend another night here, even if I was traveling alone. Spend a few extra bucks for another hotel

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Blue Ash hotels

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2009

I enjoyed my short stay at this hotel. The room was like a cute little studio with a kitchen, internet service, nice bathroom, etc. The price was great. There's a Bali's gym, gas station, bank and a few smaller fast food restaurants all within walking distance. No complaints here!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
san diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2007

This place is very inexpensive and no frills/no maid service. The service people at the front desk are great - will gladly give more towels, sheets. Plus friendly.

I left my cell phone charger in the room, and they MAILED IT BACK TO ME! Unbelieveable. The standard chains wouldn't do that.

I will return again and again. Did I mention it was inexpensive?

• Liked — cheap cost, good service
  • Disliked — some lingering cigarette smell in common areas
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
4 Thank travelernow
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2003

I stayed here around July 4th 2002 after checking out the neighboring hotels. I was looking for a moderately priced place to stay. All the other hotels wanted anywhere from $75-$100. I kept looking and came upon this hotel which is in a quiet buisness park. I had never heard of Crosslands before. The rooms are equipped with a kitchen with a refrigerator, cooktop, coffee maker, microwave and cooking utensils. The front desk clerk let me check out a room before checking in. I couldn't believe that I was getting a room with a kitchen for $35.00!! My stay was fantastic! The room was clean and everything worked. The hotel is about 3 miles from the highway. I highly recommend this hotel.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member