“Great flavor and freshness”
Review of Kanpai

Kanpai
Ranked #7 of 65 Restaurants in Blue Ash
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch and had Philadelphia roll and California roll combo, also a beautiful bento box.
It was all very delicious. We were happy with the amount of food for the price.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Took our kids to have hibachi for their birthday. The place is small, and quiet, but the food is great. They only have a couple of hibachi tables, but the hibachi chef was amazing, and very sociable. The food was excellent. There's a kids hibachi portions that are generous, and less expensive. The meat is fresh and tender. We had a great time and will come back

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Tried out Kanpai this weekend for dinner. Been to a few hibachi grills and this is a small establishment with two grills. There is a restaurant area with booths where you can order from the menu. Didn't try the sushi but looked beautiful.

Generally, I stick to shrimp and chicken because the steak is usually not very good. Since it was a new place, I decided to get the shrimp and steak. I was very pleased with the flavor of the steak and will order it again. Overall, I thought it was very good hibachi. Tried the avocado tempura but didn't not like but my daughter liked it.

The service was good and the staff are very nice.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Went here for a group lunch with co-workers. I'd never eaten here before and was not disappointed. We had a group of 12 people and we were all served and had our checks in an hour. I thought that was pretty good for lunch rush. I got the hibachi chicken and it was good, and a large portion for lunch. There is a choice of soup or salad with the meal. I got the soup and it was good. My meal included chicken, mixed vegetables, fried rice and soup. Cost = $9.95 I had leftovers because I could not eat it all. Only 3 of 12 people had leftovers. Our server was pleasant and patient explaining the sushi options to co-workers. The place is on the small side but the atmosphere is nice. The only thing I was disappointed about was when I hear "hibachi", I think they are going to grill the food right in front of me but that was not the case. There was one hibachi grill/table but maybe it is not available at lunch time.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Small family owned restaurant and really feels that way during visit. The restaurant was cozy but the quality of the food is not affected. We had habachi and it was a small table. It was only actually two of us and no other guests as everyone else was sitting in the dining room at regular tables eating sushi. The habachi was average prices but really big portions. You could order extra meat but really not necessary. Chef jerry was amazing and really personal attention. He was joking the while time and we really got to know each other due to his attention. Food was delicious and better than most habachi I have tried. Was not sure about the restaurant to begin with but after chef jerry came to cook for us, we were well at ease. Will defirely visit again. You have to give this family owned restaurant a try!!