“Perfect place if you like Sushi”
Review of Kanpai

Kanpai
Ranked #7 of 64 Restaurants in Blue Ash
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Very good selection of Sushi variants - including several yummie combinations I have not seen elsewhere.so far.

There are newer reviews for Kanpai

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

We had reservations to treat my family of 6 to a hibachi dinner since my oldest was home from college on spring break. We were seated on time and ordered and received our drinks. It was at this time that a party of 8 came in and asked to be seated together (the tables seat 10 at the grill). There was already a party of 4 at the second grill to which our family was promptly moved. Very disappointed that we were the ones moved and the other party wasn't asked to wait 15 minutes for the others at the second table to finish. We then watched as half our meal was prepared on the other grill. We come to this restaurant to enjoy good food and see the show. Not this time. There are a handful of decent hibachi grills in this area - Soho and Benihana are two that come to mind. At both of those, we were never asked to move or positioned so that we only received half a show. All for $135 excluding tip. Oddly enough, this was the SECOND time we were asked to move in as many visits. The first time, we were asked to move after we were served and to take our plates with us. I cannot recommend this restaurant nor will I return. I suggest you do the same.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

When this place first opened the food was great. The man who seemed to be the owner was engaging and fun our first few visits. He would make recommendations and even let us sample some of the beer. The environment was less than appealing, but the fun made up for it. I don't know what happened, but the past 2 two times it was just lousy. We had to flag people down for service although there was hardly anyone there. One of us ordered a glass of wine, which was the smallest serving ever. We asked about it and were advised it was a 5 ounce pour, that is their standard. We determined on our own it was much cheaper to purchase bottle, but they made no suggestions. I had sushi which was fair . An order of Goza will give you 4 dumplings. One of us had fried rice and again and unimpressive serving.
Additionally, they don't have a full bar, just wine and beer.
I will not return. I recommend you go elsewhere.

1  Thank alliel1
Reviewed 25 January 2017

The way they made their rice was super tasty. We'd go back in a heart beat. Wished we had one in Columbus.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

Awesome food and service. We are new to the area and so happy that we chose this restaurant for our first Japanese dinner in Cincinnati (no need to look any further)! The owner was so nice and spent a lot of time educating us about sushi / sashimi and when he brought out our choices the presentation was just beautiful! We will definitely be regulars!