“Simply the best Japanese restaurant in Cincinnati. !”

Ando Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Blue Ash
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Having lived in Japan for 8 yrs. and enjoyed their fine dining, I can speak with some authority on fine Japanese cooking. When I am not traveling to Japan, I can take comfort of having fine Japanese food right here in Cincinnati. I look forward to coming home to Cincinnati and dine at Ando’s restaurant.
If you are looking for “authentic” Japanese food, then do stop by at Ando. It is by far, one of the best Japanese restaurant I have been to in the U.S. We go there at least twice a week when we are in town. The service is always friendly. Food is simply delicious, from the traditional Ramen, soft shell crabs, Chirashi, tonkatsu to the delightful sushi and sashimi. Everything is always prepared fresh and just taste great. My favorite entrees included sashimi (especially when they have the whole fish coming from Japan). The owner and chef, Ando-san would fillet the whole fish for the sashimi and then chopped the remaining flesh and bones, deep fry them into a fine, not oily, crispy appetizer-like dish. What a treat!
Occasionally, I would design my own box with the likes of grilled Hamachi Kama (I have never found a better tasting Hamachi Kama in all my travels than at Ando). To top it all, they serve a special “Gindara´(black Cod), cooked in saikyo miso sauce that is just out of this world. Don’t forget to look at the side dishes too. They are fabulous as well. See photos of my “box” creations.

2  Thank vicweenonoy
There are newer reviews for Ando Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar

Reviewed 4 February 2017

I've been going here for years, so I don't know why I have never written a review. I was originally introduced to Ando by my Japanese friend, so that speaks volumes. This is authentic Japanese. You may even be alarmed by some of the shrimp and fish heads you see:) I don't eat any of that stuff, but go for the sushi. There is none better. It's not deep fried or covered in other items to cover up the wonderful flavor. The best is the double spicy tuna roll; to DIE for! It has ruined this for me when I try to go someplace else to save money. I always wonder why I do?? Just splurge and go to Ando. Also, they do not have a liquor license. Bring your own!!! They are happy to serve it and there is no corking fee.
Ando is very small and gets crazy packed. I'm always unclear about their reservation policy. Closed on Mondays.

1  Thank alliel1
Reviewed 7 December 2016

The food was good. We got the sushi for two. Nice variety of food. They do not have a bar but you may bring your own booze if you like. The serve was just o.k.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Excellent and most authentoc Japanese cuisine in Cincinnati
Great selection. Combination sushi sashimi platters are fresh and wonderfully presented
And the home made desserts are a must
Crested ny the owners daughter and varied each week

1  Thank Hirsh C
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I have never had a bad meal here, it's all been wonderful. The food is great, especially the sashimi tempura, although the other dishes I saw being served looked good too. Service is very good and they try their best to accommodate. It is a small restaurant, I would recommend reservations on the weekend.

1  Thank CathiB50