“Wish this hotel was everywhere I travel!”

Hampton Inn Bowling Green
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bowling Green
United States
“Wish this hotel was everywhere I travel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

As a traveling professional I have been to many different hotels. I was impressed with every facet of Hampton Inn from the congenial staff to the effortless check in and my spotless room. This hotel made me want to extend my overnight trip to a weekend trip, I felt so relaxed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Bowling Green/Findlay/Toledo Ohio area.

Room Tip: King Size room with Jacuzzi
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank A L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Nothing special but the Hampton and Holiday Inn are the only hotels you should only consider when staying in BG...If the hotels are sold out then sleep in your car or the street.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Colin D
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

There isn't much of note to say about this property. Obviously the owners put some effort into the lobby. That money and time should have been put toward better mattresses. The front desk was courteous. My room was very clean. The HVAC worked as it should. The sound proofing was also good. The property is across from the Stroh Center at BGSU and very close to I-70. The only issue I had was the mattress. It was VERY firm. For a quick over night it was worth the money.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Jerry H
Vero Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

My wife had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for four nights. She was VERY pleased with everything & would recommend to anyone traveling in that area. She rated it "excellent "

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nelson S
Waterville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

The pool, hot tub, breakfast, hotel room, bed, location near BGSU, and even the lobby area was wonderful! I stayed here for two nights in the middle of December and was impressed by the HUGE tastefully decorated Christmas tree in the lobby area. The breakfast was more extensive than I'm used to with a very large breakfast are for guests to enjoy. The breakfast staff was very helpful and made fresh oatmeal one morning when that was particularly popular.

The pool area and hot tub seemed well maintained. My one complaint is that in order to push the button to turn on the hot tub you have to walk across a rug that is near a door that goes outside. In my bare feet I was leery of walking on that rug and would suggest somehow providing a more sanitary place for someone to walk to get to that button.

The room (a standard, king-sized bed room) was spacious with a large desk at which I could work and a good sized bathroom. I was impressed that the complementary items included mouthwash and a make up removing towelette, in addition to the typical shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.

When I've stayed at other Hampton Inns, there were often freshly baked cookies around 3 in the afternoon--there were none there during this trip and I don't know why. But all in all I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in BG.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank kcrogs
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on the way to Indiana. It is easily located off the highway and close to several restaurants (walking or driving). We did not have a reservation but had no problems getting a room. The check in clerk was exceptionally polite and welcoming making several recommendations for dinner. While he advised that there was no Wifi in the rooms (public areas have wifi), there are computer hook up in each room, cable provided! He then suggested if we took a room near the lobby we may be able to still pick up the wifi signal. We took room 114 and as he said we picked up the wifi in the room with no problem. We got a government rate which meant the room came with two queen beds rather than one king (not really any issue). Room was very clean and I thought the beds were exceptionally comfy. We walked to a nearby Mexican restuarant (El Zarape) and enjoyed a great meal. I don't know how full the hotel was but we didn't hear any other noise, even being close to the lobby (and a couple of hockey teams booked in late that night). Breakfast was fine...nothing amazing but totally satisfactory...and it is included in the price....coffee, juice, cereals, bagels, toast, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, potatotes, donuts etc...what more do you really need? They boast a fitness room, which is really a small room by the pool and has two treadmills (basic and old), a recline bicycle and a stepper. No weights. It was fine for a quick 30 minute jog but not if you are looking for a workout. We didn't try the pool but it looked nice. Would definately stay there again and recommend it to anyone looking for a clean, safe and easily accesible location.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the lobby may pick up the wifi from the public areas.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DebsUKToronto
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We just completed our stay at the Hampton Inn in BG. We traveled with about 50 people from our swim team for the weekend. The property was great and the service could not have been better. They managers even let us have an impromptu party in the Great Room for our kids! Great for team travel if you are in the BG area and directly across the street from campus. We will be back next year!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
17.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
19.7 km away
La Quinta Inn Toledo Perrysburg

Been to Hampton Inn Bowling Green? Share your experiences!