“Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

The food was good and the service excellent!! The place is very small --- not very much atmosphere but the food more than makes up for it.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed February 21, 2017

If you want authentic italian food, this is the place to dine. The food is always fresh, flavorful and served piping hot. The bread is to die for too. Check out the numerous specials on the blackboard - usually top-notch meals!

Can't beat Aldo's for real Italian dining.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Aldo's is a great small restaurant with great food and great service. I went to dinner with my family and we had a wonderful time. The amount of food that we got was exceptional for the price. The wine was also very good. I ordered a glass of Resling and instead of getting a half glass of wine like you do at most restaurants, I got a whold glass of wine. I plan to return with friends.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Well after reading all the reviews and going to ALDO's I found myself very very disappointed! I thought I would be entering a into a great experience for Italian food but instead found myself with a friend in a swamp of YUCK and DISGUST!

All though the place was packed, our experience was nothing more than poor, The place is very tiny , uncomfortable and you will be bumping elbows with the person next to you. My friend ordered Chicken piccata after the waitress insisted that there fine chef of many years was excellent the Chicken piccata was DRY, and tasted like a old tee shirt dipped in yellow puke. I ordered the Famous Lasagna (from what the waitress said) the sauce was good but he lasagna was paper thin with a little portion. Very disappointed! stouffers has better boxed lasagna then this place has. The bread was excellent and so was the glass of wine, other that that its OVERPRICED and NOT good at all save your money and go somewhere else. Shameful for calling this real good Italian, Oh by the way saw lots of people eating dried out pieces of fish, the staff was friendly but that's it, the place was all so outdated. Terrible , will never go back.. If I could give it a BIG FAT Zero I would.

4  Thank John B
Reviewed February 5, 2017

Don't let the humble outside small strip appearance food you. Behind Aldo's front door hides the yummiest homemade Italian food. This wonderful eatery run by Aldo himself and his family is somewhat of a Cleveland institution. The place is small, maybe fits 30 diners, but people come here from the 4 corners of Cleveland for the convivial feeling, the genuine and honest food and the specials that don't deceive.
You kinda feel like you're eating in the dining room of your favorite Italian uncle!
We come here often when we are on the west side of Cleveland. Aldo's chef Costa is a wizard with his fish and specials. Can't wait to see what he is cooking up next.
The pastas we ordered were all well prepared, cooked al dente, served with homemade sauces, like marinara, aglioli, etc. We shared a delicious not-too-oily sautéed calamari, and the Frute di Mare Fettucine. Very tasty!
We love the intimate ambiance of Aldo's and loved being waited on by his regular staff and his family.

Date of visit: January 2017
2  Thank Anne-Marie P

Been to Aldo's? Share your experiences!