US$219
US$183
US$103
US$89
Royalton Inn & Suites(Upper Sandusky)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$150
US$145
Quality Inn(Upper Sandusky)
US$85
QualityInn
US$138
Best Western Plus University Inn(Marion)(Great Value!)
US$99
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$115
Pitchup.com
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbob evansroom was cleanstayed here for nightsfire alarmgood nights sleepbiscuits and gravyparking lotfree breakfastwould stay here againcedar pointindoor poolhiecolumbus
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were searching for a hotel in the area of the Norwalk Drags and all of the hotels surrounding Cedar Point and close to Norwalk were ridiculously overpriced. We're not talking the Ritz-Carlton or the Hyatt but most of those hotels were around $200 per night. We selected this Holiday Inn Express as it was about 40 miles from Norwalk and the price was about $100 per night per couple. We were give a king, non-smoking per our request and the room was clean, quiet, had a fridge. Nice comfortable king-size bed. A/C worked with off/on controls as the room temperture fluctuated. I even found that the window (we were on the 2nd floor) opened about 5 inches...which was just enough to let in a little fresh air, but not enough for someone to fall out (why they do that I don't know)...but it's a safety feature I guess. There was new carpeting and the lighting and furnishings were standard, appropriate and in good condition. I liked the fact that the nightstand had an alarm clock with really big digital numbers (easy to see in the middle of the night). The TV was one of those older, huge models rather than a flat screen but I guess that's a small thing. The breakfast downstairs starts at 6 a.m. with coffee (not bad) and lots of other things - the cinnamon rolls were pretty tasty and they had 'to-go' boxes and bags if you're in a hurry to get on the road. Very thoughtful. I didn't eat any of the other stuff but it looked 'presentable'. Instead we went over to the Bob Evans which is right next door and got what we wanted. Bob Evans was also nice - service a little bit slow...but otherwise the food was really good and we were on the road to Norwalk by 8:45ish...got there at 9:30 and had a BLAST! The only thing I noticed was that there were only 2 bath towels available. So it's okay if you only bath once...but I suppose I could have asked for more if needed. I didn't bother and used my towel from the night before. Not a big deal. In summary - a much better deal than hotels around Cedar Point. I also got the impression that they weren't swamped with a ton of people coming and going - like perhaps the Cedar Point hotels. They told us when we checked in that the pool was open until 10. I didn't bother as it was already 9 p.m. when we checked in and I had plans for a big day on Saturday at the Drags.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MichiganQui1ter
Reviewed October 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed one night, but we would never go back. The staff was friendly but there were several problems. The room we were assigned was on the same side as US30 so it was a little noisy. It also was right next to the elevator and we were afraid that might be a problem, too. We asked to be moved to a room on the other side of the building and on the top floor and were told the hotel was completely full. When we turned on the heater there was a terrible smell so we turned it back off, although the room was quite chilly. At about 10:30 we heard a clanking, which we traced to the bathroom wall. It went away after a few minutes so we went back to sleep and hoped it had stopped. Then about 11:00 someone in the room above us took a shower. The noise from our bathroom sounded like Niagara Falls. I thought about calling the front desk, but we weren't go to say someone shouldn't use their shower. Finally the noise stopped, but we had to get up early and didn't get nearly enough sleep. The manager wouldn't refund the money because we didn't complain till morning. But we had already been told we had the last room so there wasn't any point in that and we certainly didn't want to get out of bed to repack and move at 11:30.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Bucyrus,Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2003

We had an awesome time. Just stayed one night, we went swimming, used the weight room, and then used the hot tub. We then watched movies and ate pizza. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We got up for the continental breakfast and then the kids went to school. **We're planning a birthday bash, real soon!**

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member