“Fantastic travel overnight stay!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Super competent and friendly staff! The indoor pool was saline based and at a perfect temperature, and the whirlpool was just what we needed after 7 hours of driving. Price was incredibly great for the room/services offered. Bed was exceptionally comfortable. The room spaces and offered many amenities. Very quiet and sound-proof. Breakfast was a feast and very good with a vast varied selection. We'll definitely stop again when we drive through next time.

Room Tip: You can go wrong with any selection!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Megan B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review! We are delighted that you enjoyed a quiet and comfortable stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We look forward to your return trip here!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My Wife's cousin was getting inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton,Ohio.So after traveling by tour bus for 9 hrs ,we arrived with 50 other family and friends at this hotel, well i always look at the lobby which was clean and neat,though there were a lot of us checking in ,staff worked efficiently to get us all in...Breakfast was delicious & hot all 3 mornings there,Staff was great !...Service was excellent and Housekeeping is Awesome .

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
MeganB573, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean hotel, great service, and delicious breakfast. Stop and see us again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My daughter and I had a fantastic overnight stay at this hotel. The location just off the highway on a strip filled with restaurants is great. Theresa at the front desk was very nice and welcoming, and she had just made lovely lemon-infused water in a glass dispenser in the lobby (she layers the lemon slices with ice so that they are suspended evenly and look very pretty). The freshly baked chocolate-chip cookies at 3 pm check-in are a wonderful treat, Our room was immaculately clean and very comfortable. The bed was just right and even had good linens. The bathroom has a vanity separate from room with the toilet and shower, a feature my daughter and I like a lot. The toiletries were good and even included a packet of makeup-remover pads. The shower head had a nice, strong spray. Not long after we had settled into our room, the phone rang, and it was Theresa calling to ask whether our room was ok and whether we needed anything. The comfort, cleanliness, and customer service are fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review. Your compliments on our attentive staff and clean, comfortable hotel are greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our complimentary lemon-infused water station and fresh-baked cookies as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Simply the best hotel I've ever stayed at . I stay at hotels now and I realize why they call this the award winning Comfort Inn . The entire staff including the Hotel manager Megan always make me feel at home and have also became my friends . I always would recommend this hotel and I go out of my way just to stay there . The cleaning crew and the woman who prepare the morning breakfast to great pride in there job and help me and my family or just my son feel appreciated and special every time possible. Thanks Comfort Inn Cambridge for your service when I had to call your place of employment home . I miss you guys and look forward to seeing you guys again !! I could list names but in fear of leaving someone out I can honestly say your team deserves all the accolades

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review! Your compliments on our comfortable hotel and friendly staff are appreciated by all of us. We enjoyed having you here and definitely look forward to your next visit to Comfort Inn-Cambridge!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

This is an older hotel and a little outdated but we found the front desk staff to be excellent and the accommodations to be clean and comfortable. This hotel is a bargain and shouldn't be overlooked when traveling through this rural area. Breakfast was as offered at some more expensive hotels.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff at Comfort Inn-Cambridge and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. We are currently completing the new Move to Modern Comfort brand upgrade. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We checked into the hotel at 4:30 pm.My daughter and I were taking a long needed mini vacation,and we were planning on using this hotel as a base for 2 nights.Check in went smoothly.The problem started when we opened up the door to our room.It reeked of a foul smell,at first we could not identify it, but it seemed to smell as mold with a heavy cover up of some type of perfume cleaning product.I am sensitive to mold,and had I stayed I am sure I would have ended up in an emergency room.We went down to the front desk and explained our problem and asked for a different room,they said they were sold out.We knew we could not stay in this room,so we scrambled to find other lodging.We were able to find a nice room at the state lodge up the road.Although the lodge room was $360 for 2 nights,at least we could breathe.The people at the front desk were nice and refunded our deposit,This hotel has a problem.We also smelled a high concentration of chlorine in the hall,because we were 2 doors down from the indoor pool.I have read some other reviews and have found 3 that described the same problem.A bad start to our vacation,but I do not know how to keep this from happening again.

Room Tip: if the hotel has had construction has it been from moldy rooms with a perfume cover up
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently completing our Move to Modern Comfort Inn brand-wide upgrade. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Cambridge, OH while passing through. I arrived after 10pm, but check in was quick, and the staff member was friendly. I had a suite, on the second floor, which had an excellent large, strong, and adjustable jetted tub, and they graciously provided complimentary items (in the suites) like water bottles, two cans of soda, and popcorn! I also liked the lemon water in the lobby, as well as coffee, and tea. I must have missed the cookies!

The room itself was nice, seemed renovated with newer lighting fixtures with plugs, and other items. The hotel itself is an older property but seemed renovated and was clean.

My issues started in the morning while at breakfast. Breakfast itself was okay, I liked the chocolate waffles, and the egg was okay. There was a reasonable amount of items to chose from.

The older front desk male staff member approached another guest and I at breakfast and reported that at 11am, they were replacing a water pipe, and water would not be available. I had to scramble a bit to shower and get into the filled jetted tub for 11am after having breakfast. Ironically I don't think the water stopped working before noon. He asked us for our room #'s so he didn't have to call us to tell us again. Perhaps that contributed to an uncomfortable issue below...

So while I was scrambling to try and get in the shower before 11am, a housekeeper knocked at my door (despite a do not disturb sign), so I tried to get dressed quick to answer, and she walked in, and saw me completely undressed! I told her I was leaving at noon (check out time) and she abruptly left. Later in the hallway, she apologized profusely, and told me she was told I had checked out. Therefore I can't blame her entirely, and accepted her apology, but blame the front desk staff more for telling her I left when I didn't! That obviously made me feel uncomfortable.

Besides that issue in the morning, my stay was fine, the room was clean, bed was comfortable, and I loved the extras in the suite. I would consider staying here again in the future if I ever pass through but please improve staff communication!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.