See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Seriously, just spend more money rather than having to face the fact that you were so cheap that you thought this would be a good idea despite the reviews. Don't take someone you love here, unless you want to torpedo the relationship. Oily carpet residue mentioned in other reviews...yes, it's true. Chipped hollow doors and walls...true. Old plastic mini-blinds so bent up and twisted that anyone can see in if they want to...true, and you won't want to go out after dark, it's creepy back in there where this building is located. The sense of being in a very overused, semi-clean place is pretty hard to shake. Best you can hope for is that morning comes soon, very soon.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

We paid ahead of time for a room and arrived a little after 10pm to check in. The office was closed with no one there so we had to stay elsewhere. They won't refund our money or offer us another night or anything since the website states the front desk closes at 12am, even though we have told them several times that we were there at 10:15, and we reached out to them at that time as well. Closing early not allowing us to enter our room and not refunding us for a night we did not stay there... Stay away from this place.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meg G
Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Superb location, outstanding staff, and large comfortable suites make this motel in the TOP 1%. Even though it's behind Kohls department store, the surrounding restaurants, malls, and stores of every kind make this a gem location! Our large suite even had a walk-in closet in the kingsize bedroom. Full kitchen with everything! Nice size living room with more closets & plenty of furniture to make our 9 day stay comfortable! Delores & her team get an A plus (A+) for superb customer service and attention to detail! Of course we would stay here again! Thanks ABVI for all you did to make our Canton visit memorable! God Bless!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
abvicanton1, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Extended Stay, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2016

Dear Guest

On behalf of the staff of America’s Best Value Inn & Suites Extended Stay Canton, Ohio I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a Review. My Staff and I welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future. I hope this review is helpful to any guest currently looking to book a Suite at America’s Best Value Inn & Suites Canton, Ohio. You can reach us directly at (330) 494-2233 with any further questions or to make a reservation.

Reviewed September 19, 2016

There was a dude on his cell phone near the office door, yelling and gesturing wildly, as his pants fell lower and lower down (commando mode) until he finally pulled them back up a little. I saw a man greet a lady in the room next door in a peculiar way, as if they weren't together - then heard rhythmic squeaking noises coming from that room for a while. Had to wonder.... Then the man upstairs (not THAT man upstairs) came home and yelled at his woman for a while. Sounded like he might have slapped her; not sure.

Bare bulbs in the bathroom light fixture and another fixture. So little light in the living room area that it was impossible to see anything. However, the furniture felt greasy. So did the carpeting. The place is evidently near an oil refinery; I suspect that some of the workers track in oil on their boots and pants making it very difficult to keep the place clean. However, I think the sofa and chair had been in there since the Regan Administration.

But the worst part was the wretched mattress, which was U-shaped. It took constant effort for us to both avoid rolling to the middle of the bed.

The very prominent "No Refunds" sign was supplemented by a contract that I had to sign, acknowledging that there are no refunds, so when we got to the room and found this disaster, there was no recourse. I would have had to cancel 2 days prior in order to not be billed. Should have forfeited my money and found a campground to pitch the tent in.

I travel a LOT and am a prolific reviewer. I've never left a scathing review like this anywhere until now. Unfortunately, this place requires the type of tender, loving care that only a large bulldozer can provide.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PseudoGeek

We would like to apologize to the guest for their unsatisfying experience. In response we have the following explanation:

1) We try our level best to meet or exceed requests or expectations from our guests.
2) If a guest is unsatisfied with a Suite, we encourage them to speak with the Manager on Duty and he/she will be more than willing to move the guest to a different Suite or address any problem that one might have come across. (There were no complaints filed with the front desk on any of the issues noted in this review).
3) We sincerely hope that this explanation is useful to any guest looking to book a Suite with our hotel. Please feel free to call us directly at the hotel (330-494-2233) for any further questions with making a booking.

America’s Best Value Inn & Suites Canton, Ohio: “Your Home Away from Home”

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

My crew stayed here for 3 weeks and had ZERO complaints. They were very easy to do business with, which is a huge deal with a busy office atmosphere. Great place and great value.

It was clean and worth the stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business