“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hearthstone Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedarville
Columbus, Ohio
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

My husband & I wanted to do something small town type before Christmas & went to Waynesville for shopping at antique & craft stores. We didn't see much in that area hotel-like to stay in, so we found this & decided to try it out. We attended a musical "The Gift of the Magi" at the Cedarville Opera House, only about one block away (also very good). We loved the fact the inn is decorated with icicle lights & looks very festive outside. Inside the lobby had a beautiful large Christmas tree & a nice fireplace that we enjoyed sitting near. Also, there were beautiful display cases with Civil War relics displayed on the main level & 2nd floor. We were very confortable in our room which was very clean & neat. (I normally instantly remove the bedspread from the bed at most establishments & am unconfortable walking bare foot or in socks on the floors.....so I felt good about it, because I wasn't concerned about either.)
We found everyone very friendly (staff & owner) & very helpful in giving additional information (even print-outs) we needed in regards to places to eat. (which there isn't much within Cedarville, but you wouldn't starve there either)
Clifton Mill is not far away, so we enjoyed the beautiful lights of the mill & covered bridge & such one evening as well.
We both really enjoyed out stay & plan to stay here again when we want a little weekend get-away.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BethT798

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

Stayed at the Hearthstone for 2 nights while attending a Cedarville University Event. Staff was pleasant, room was clean and comfortable and the location can't be beat when attending Cedarville Events. The morning breakfast had a nice selection as well although they don't start breakfast until 8:00am so if you have an early morning meeting you may not be able to enjoy. They offer free wireless but the signal during my stay was weak and difficult to connect to. All in all i would stay again, when visiting Cedarville.

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the back door on the lower level as it will be close to parking.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Havre de Grace, MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed at this establishment for one evening, 11/17/2011. We were in the 'jacuzzi' suite, as there were no other rooms available for that evening. First impressions of the inn and room were positive, but things were not as they seemed.

There was supposed to be internet in the rooms, but the equipment servicing our area was inoperative. A mention of this to the front desk brought a look and comment that indicated skepticism there was really a problem. However, after another guest noted that he hadn't been able to get internet for the better part of a day, the problem became something to let the 'night manager' handle. Even the next day, it was unavailable.

However, this paled in comparison to the quality of the mattress in the room. Or, should I say, lack of quality. It was, without question, the worst mattress I have ever slept on. It was a toss-up as to whether the mattress on the pull-out sofa was better than the one in the bedroom.

Finally, the jacuzzi had a low frequency electrical hum that, while not obnoxious, was definitely noticeable. Absolutely no way to eliminate the noise.

I assumed that when I checked out, I would be asked 'how was everything?" and I could explain. However, when I put the keys on the counter at the front desk said I was checking out the response was, "Okay, on your way, then?" and the desk attendant went back to his computer screen.

The attitude of the evening desk person and the morning one left me thinking they don't really care, so I didn't waste my breath going over the issues we faced.

I would rather stay a half hour further away than at this establishment again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the jacuzzi suite, not anywhere close to worth the money.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Albans, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband and I have been staying here at least once per year for the past 7 years or so. I can't think of a negative comment!!! We love the charm and homey feel of this place. Everything is always super clean and the staff is above and beyond friendly and helpful. Book your Room early...they book up fast and understandably so!

Room Tip: The photos on the website are EXACTLY what you see when you get there!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms and facilities in general seem new and extremely clean. I spent a couple hours each day in the main lobby, sitting and reading on the nice leather couches near the fireplace in the main lobby. Breakfast was pretty decent. Even the lobby bathroom was spotless. They have a pretty decent selection of DVDs behind the front desk. My family and I watched a movie in one of the conference rooms.

The hotel is located in the middle of town, and we were able to walk to a few different places for food, like coffee/sandwiches, pizza, etc. Also, it's an easy drive to Yellow Springs, where we had an excellent time. Good food, good shopping.

Overall, I loved the place. Before I stayed here, I read another Tripadvisor review where someone described this place as "a step below a Fairfield Inn, and only slightly better than a Red Roof." That's way off the mark. I'd put this place much higher up the ladder, but with a "boutique-style" atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

My husband Marc and I just spent a delayed anniversary weekend at Hearthstone and we were delighted! I love it, Marc loved it and we will be going back again and again. Our suite was perfect and the ambiance is wonderful! breakfast was tasty and delicious and our host and hostess are very warm and gracious and willing to go the extra mile to help a guest. A+++ in our book! Thank you very much!

Room Tip: If you need it and they have it, you will get it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

I have stayed at the Hearthstone Inn several times and am very glad when a room is available. I have never had a problem with the breakfasts and it seems that a fresh pot of good coffee is always waiting. The decor is country and comfortable and the walls were hand painted in lovely country scenes,etc. The glass cabinets are full of very interesting historical items. Fun to look over. And I have bought some neat gifts from their gift shop made by local crafters and artists. I have found the rooms cozy, clean and comfy. And the staff is friendly and helpful. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedarville
22.2 km away
17.3 km away
Hampton Inn Springfield
Hampton Inn Springfield
#1 of 14 in Springfield

Been to Hearthstone Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!