“Excellent hotel with very reasonable pricing”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Centerville
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Excellent hotel with very reasonable pricing”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The only drawback is something in common with all IHG hotels, check in is at 4pm... But even though I arrived around 1pm, I only waited 5 minutes until they found a clean room and transferred me!

This is exactly the kind of service I'd expect from a hotel that cares about it's customers. After checking in, I was received by a very large, clean and comfortable room with a king-size bed, kitchen area and bathroom that included a bath-tub.

The service was friendly all along, including a breakfast that was better than others I've had at much more expensive hotels. They even had doughnuts there.

Last, and not least, the excellent service, large & comfy room and good breakfast comes at a price that is totally affordable.

I'm definitely staying there again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: The King suite is a nice upgrade from the normal king room, for a very small price increase.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank tbark
Sonya H, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Dear TBark,

Thank you very much for your excellent rating of our property and most importantly thank you for staying with us. Your comments on our property and staff are greatly appreciated. I look forward to sharing it with the staff.

We strive very hard to make sure that each and every guest has a great stay. It is always wonderful to hear a response from a guest that encourages us to keep up the good work. Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you in the future.

Sonya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Shelbyville, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I have been away from my home for 8 weeks training for a new job. I have been at the Centerville, OH Holiday Inn Express for 5 of those 8 weeks. I have to say that this is one of the BEST run hotels I have ever been in. I have met almost all of the staff and they are top notch. I actually feel as if I am at home. The front desk staff is wonderfull, friendly and courteous. (Jennifer, Josh, Tammy and Tosha) The housekeeping staff is thurough and profecient. The GM (Don Wald) is personable and willing to talk to you about any concerns. The Sales Manager, Sonya, is so vibrant and bubbly, anyone needing anything for your accomedation needs, she's the woman to go to. I love it here and have grown quite attached to my second family. Centerville Ohio has a great asset with this staff, keep up the great work!!

Room Tip: Bottom floor, near the breakfast area and all the amenities.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Michael M
Michael,
We so enjoyed having you stay with us. Thank you very much for the kind comments, we greatly appreciate your feedback and I will be sure to share with the staff. As you said you did become part of the family and you will be missed.

Congratulations, on the final completion of your training. We wish you much success in your new position. If your travels should ever bring you back to the Dayton OH area.... we look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,
Sonya
Michigan
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Business brought me to Centerville, Ohio, and I was looking for a quiet, clean and comfortable hotel room, and I found it at this Holiday Inn Express. My experince with Holiday Inn Express hotels in the Midwest has been favorable. This hotel is located about a quarter mile from the highway, and probably less than five miles from downtown Centerville. It is tucked back in the corner of a site that includes commercial businesses, so if you are looking for a hotel with a view, this isn't it. I couldn't car less about the view.

The grounds are not special, but they are clean and well kept, as it the hotel itself. This was actually my second stay at this hotel, which says something about its condition and value. The rooms are not special except that they contain everything a business traveler could want, including a comfortable bed, comfortable seating, a desk, free wireless internet connection, and a mini-fridge.The fridge is important to me because I like to keep chilled bottled water in the room.

For my second stay, my room was located on the first floor next to the breakfast area, which I thought might pose a problem; but my concerns were unfounded. This hotel is quiet.

Speaking of the breakfast, which is complimentary, it is just okay. It is far better than some of the other complimentary breakfasts that I have had, but not the best. The eggs were tastless, but they had a pretty good selection of food items. The breakfast area is somewhat small.

The hotel staff were polite and professional.

I would definately stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I generally like rooms on the first floor away from the lobby to avoid waiting for and riding slow e...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SEMich
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I haven't been a fan of Holiday Inn Properties, so this was a very pleasant surprise.
We had 7 couples from the Class of '56 Van Wert High School in town for a small
reunion of sorts. We have done this every year (for forever it seems), in TN, KY, OH,
GA, SC etc.,and have stayed at some Upscale Big Name locations, this may surprise
you, but none were any better than this HI Express in Centerville. Rooms very clean
and comfortable, morning breakfast was substantial, cost very good. Staff very professional. Close to good restaurants and the Air Force Museum which is well worth the visit.

Room Tip: We were in Rm 330, very quiet. Rooms near elevator and ice machine would have been a distraction t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank cooger11
Papillion, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We were moving daughter to Dayton and need a place to crash late on Thursday night. Manager got us a room w/late arrival discount and Priority Club discount. TV did not work in room , but he personally tried to help and moved us without problem.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Muddy630
Anaheim Hills, CA
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights and it was lovely! Convenient location, comfortable room and nice and quiet.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 May 2011

After driving 11 hours from North Jersey to the edge of Ohio, we were anxious to reach our destination. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the desk clerk was upon our arrival. She not only quickly proceesed our reservation, but also made recommendations for local eats and churches (we stayed over Easter weekend).

The room was clean, and a real deal at the price. A flat screen TV, numerous pillows, and a comfy chair & ottoman were only some of the amenities. Everything was very clean.

Not sure if I'll visit this area of Ohio again, but if I am I would stay here in a flash.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ShellyDoodles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
7.5 km away
21.6 km away
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
8.2 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton South

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton-Centerville? Share your experiences!