“Spicy food and interesting atmosphere for a pre-game warm up”

811 Kitchen Bar Lounge
Ranked #827 of 1,984 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed June 10, 2017

Stopped in for a pre-NBA Finals meal with my son and the restaurant was full so we were about to leave...but then...the doorman grabbed us and our attention with his comedy club style invitation to eat on one of the sofas in the waiting area, so we obliged. It was a great decision. The service was exceptional and the food was excellent. We enjoyed a variety of items including salads, pot stickers, breaded calamari and some pork belly lo mein, that I thought was delicious. In fact, everything we ordered was tasty and delicious, although the chefs would do well to back off the hot spices just a tad on the pot stickers and definitely the breading in the calamari, as it was just a tad overbearing on the hot side for me, but still enjoyable.

The menu contained a decent selection of craft beers and wines, but was a little on the pricey side for the craft beers in my opinion...I'm not a big fan of many craft beers these days anyway, you never know what you're gonna get and I hate paying $10-12 for 12-22 ounces of something I really don't like...and personally during dinner I like a light brew so I wish they had a couple tried and true brand labels like Stella or a low carb option like Ultra that don't compete with the food as much, instead of jumping on the current bar bandwagon to push any and all things crafty just to appear trendy and chic...they still serve French fries so why not stick with good old Anheuser Busch on at least one tap as well...just a suggestion.

Really liked the upscale decor, large open windows and overall ambiance of the place. The doorman and staff were great too....just a few tweaks to the restaurant and bar menus and I think this could be a five star with longevity...time will tell...

Reviewed April 28, 2017

Outstanding service the manager always checks on each table. They really seem to care. The food is good and it's easy to get a table there.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

I was skeptical of this place since I'm not a fan of "global" menus; I think it's better to do one thing and do it well. That said, the vegetarian options here were good. The "smashed" avocado was basically some pretty tasty and creamy guacamole. The tofu skewers had nice flavor and chewiness. The waitress was nice but disappeared for long periods, maybe because I was solo. The space is nicely designed, if a little hotel lobby looking. But I just don't understand the generic name.

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

We were in town for the night and hadn't decided on where to go for dinner; stopped in here because we noticed their happy hour sign as we were walking. They were pretty quiet when we got there (around 5:30) but quickly picked up. We sat at the bar and had very prompt service! I'm pregnant so the bartender suggested a yummy strawberry ginger mocktail. My husband had two captain and cokes (apparently he wanted to drink his dinner lol), I ordered the Brad's Steak Caesar (delicious and steak was cooked perfectly) and we shared some fries (also salty goodness!) The food and drinks were great, loved the atmosphere, and had quick service. I'd visit again when I'm in town! I saw some not so great reviews on here but I suggest giving it another shot!

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

We sampled several dishes and were very pleased with the variety of flavors & spices. We had the Smashed Avocado app and the Old Bay Robata for starters....both very yummy. Dinner entrees we tried the Shrimp Curry & Seared Flank Steak. The flank temp was served perfect, good flavor & big portion. The Curry had really good flavor but the size of the Shrimp were disappointing. Atmosphere was very nice & friendly staff.