“great balance of solid beer and food and ambiance”
Review of Hansa Brewery

Hansa Brewery
Ranked #45 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed 2 October 2017

stopped in here with my kids and my mom, so range from 10-87 and all enjoyed the experience. Had some potato pancakes and some beers and was one of the few places that serves root beer for kids as well. Sat outside on the small but cozy patio and felt like we were in Ann Arbor for the afternoon. Beer was tasty and full of flavor.
Would suggest trying on your next visit to Ohio City area.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My wife and myself celebrated our 45th anniversary there this Saturday and what a great experience we had! Was seated on the patio which was a plus, to watch the Ohio city experience. We both ordered the schnitzel dinners, one with spaetzles and the other with home fries. The home fries won out WOW! The schnitzel dinners were the absolute best. A special Thank you to Susan and David (owners) that made our evening very, very special. Do not forget to order a Napoleon for desert!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Best wiener schnitzel I've even had - even better than in Germany! The spaetzle that we chose as our side was also delicious. My daughter and I shared this and were full - large serving - $16.50! Add a flight of beer. Gift shop was nice.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We popped into Hansa just to check it out. Good beer! The menu looked really good - but we just tried the cheese plate. We were not disappointed.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Some dear friends brought my wife and I here on a Monday to taste the beers at this amazing Brewery and Bar. Unfortunately, it was closed. However, with hardly any persuasion from our friends we ended up having an amazing private beer tasting session. Boris, the owner, is a legend! His knowledge of and passion for his beers is only surpassed by the incredibly high quality brews!
We have been to a great many craft breweries across the states. This is one of the very best! The HANSANATOR DOPPELBOCK and the BLACK FLAG SCHWARZBIER are two of the finest beers that I have ever tasted!!
Boris's hospitality was humbling. He shared his cheese and cold meats with us as he treated us to large samples of every beer they make. Thank you so much Boris!!
Thanks also to Joe and Mary for taking us to this stunning place!
Cleveland, you don't know how lucky you are to have such an amazing quality brewery within your town!
We are considering a vacation from England to Cleveland just to try these beers again!