“Wow!”

L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Albatros Brasserie + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,000 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ford Drive
Transit: The RTA Health Line bus stops in University Circle at E. 115th Street. L'Albatros is located approximately 3 blocks from the bus stop.
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Rarely does a restaurant hit the trifecta with me as in terrific atmosphere, professional wait staff, and unbelievable food and drink. This one certainly did! We started with appetizers ranging from the charcuterie tray and split pea soup to the salad. Each one of them was tasty and unique
. The various main dishes we had were equally excellent and were topped off by desert (apple cake)with a glass of 20-year-old port. This place is the real deal. I especially love the professional staff who knew the menu inside and out and made solid recommendations. A must visit when in CLE.

Date of visit: February 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed February 13, 2018

We just had an overall awesome experience here! We were here to celebrate my birthday and it did not disappoint. First let me tell you about the cheese tray. When you order a cheese board here they bring their entire assortment to the table, provide a review of each cheese and allow you to pick (along with a fig spread, bread, etc.). It is really amazing and unlike anything I have seen. The selections of cheese were also interesting and delicious. We tried to sample as much as we could. My husband had a salad and I had the pea soup. My husband who falsely claims a pea allergy to avoid eating peas, tried the soup and actually liked it! For our entrees my husband had the Grilled Sausage Platter and I enjoyed the Sautéed Skate Wing. We both loved our meals and had trouble finishing the generous portions. For dessert we had the pistachio cake and it was good but not as great as the rest of the meal. We also had excellent cocktails and a bottle of natural wine. Romantic ambiance. We would absolutely return.

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

The mussels and fries were better than most that I’ve had in Belgium. The other dishes were incredible as well. The French onion soup was exceptional.

1  Thank 188DavidM188
Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

We were a large group who ordered widely from the menu but everything we had was excellent. Top quality food, a well above bistro standard of cooking despite the large menu. Homemade reads and pastas superb. Room was a little noisy with tables a bit too close together, but overall good atmosphere.

1  Thank kingsgate
Reviewed January 14, 2018

The ambience here is terrific. Unique, warm and inviting. Small rooms with an authentically chic vibe, and without a trace of pretense. The service is similarly lacking in pretense, while still being top notch. This is maybe my 4th visit to the restaurant and the dishes are varied and excellent; the specials are genuinely special. The desserts are okay...perhaps not as standout as the rest, and I'm not sure what the deal is with the superfluous and unrelated mint leaf on everything, but even so, a meal to remember. On a night with a major snowstorm the place was packed. Make reservations and treat your staff well...they work their butts off.

1  Thank 781kayr