“Excellent Food and a Great Atmosphere”
Review of Dante

Dante
Reserve with OpenTable
Dante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,013 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Literary
Reviewed December 30, 2016

We went to Dante on a Tuesday evening. The place was full from 6:20 to after 8:30. The food chosen that night for the 5 course tasting was outstanding. The wine pairings were on target and I was surprised that I liked them all (not normally a wine drinker). The atmosphere was calm and could be romantic. The guy in the table across the isle proposed to his girl just as we were sitting down.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed November 22, 2016

Fantastic food in a fantastic location. Love Tremont and easy street parking. But if you want to valet, no problem! For 6.00 you can, a far better deal than downtown CLE dining. We had a group of 12 and the service and each meal was stellar. I had the beef cheeks and hubby had venison. Both the best I have ever had. The side of polenta was creamy and delicious. The triple chocolate dessert was moan outloud good. We also had the tuna tartare, which was odd and not good. I also had the pistachio mouse tartlette, which was pleasant but not overly flavorful. However, others just loved it. We had reservations and were seated upon arrival. The wait staff were superb and gave excellent recommendations when asked. Thanks!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 15, 2016

Made reservations for an anniversary dinner at 7:30 on a Saturday night. Seated by 8:00. There is nowhere quiet or intimate/good for conversation. The hostess was dressed like a street beggar and totally unapproachable--no idea how she qualified for the job. The overwhelming theme of this venue is chaos. We had no less than five different servers. The wait staff is at the forefront not the background of your "dining" experience. There is a non-stop parade of staff frantically moving from table to bar to table to kitchen to reception. The service was unacceptably slow until I asked if the courses could be sped up. My score for atmosphere is 2*, score for waitstaff is 2*.

Now for the meal. We both ordered the five course tasting menu paired with wine. All of the wine save a Valpolicella with the fourth course was two buck chuck. The pours were very small, perhaps 2-3 ounces each. Given the time between courses that resulted in empty wine glasses for probably half of the meals total time from order through check. The individual courses consisted of a salmon tartare and another broiled salmon course--when your ordering only five courses is it too much to ask that the same meat/fish not be served twice? The food was generally very tasty with good presentation with the exception of the dessert course--it was terrible. I would have preferred a Chips Ahoy cookie to what was served.

My wife chose the venue based on the tasting menu and wine pairing, we expected much more. We would never go back and we mourn the passing of dining rooms with dress codes, service standards and quiet settings.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Erik B
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

We dined at Dante for our 28th wedding anniversary. While we've lived in Cleveland for several years, we've never eaten at Dante (shame on us).

Our waitress, Stephanie, was wonderful and attentive to our needs. She has a promising career in the restaurant business.

I ordered the 5 course tasting menu with wines, while my wife ordered a salad and the tempura vegan dish.

While every individual dish from the tasting menu was innovative and a surprise, the highlight of the evening was the tempura vegan dish. Complemented with a maple glaze, the dish was absolutely fabulous.

Even though the room was packed with a vibrant, urban feel, we were in our own little world at a small table near the front of the restaurant.

Thank you to Dante and his wonderful staff for making this a special anniversary evening. Dante is a wonderful gen in Tremont.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank 13Redsox
Reviewed October 19, 2016

We had a celebratory Saturday dinner here a few weeks back, and were simply blown away. This was one of the best restaurant meals I've ever had. Try the 5 or 7 course tasting with wine courses -- it's not inexpensive, but really amazing. Service was perfect, appropriate, and food and drink are of the very highest quality. Highest recommendation!

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank cbl60

Been to Dante? Share your experiences!