“Gourmand's Delight...”
Review of Dante

Reserve with OpenTable
Dante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,890 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Literary
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Dining at Dante's is a great way to celebrate a special occasion. For us, it was a birthday. The restaurant is set in a building that was once a bank complete with a vault. Our waiter, Todd, paced the meal perfectly..we never felt rushed, yet everything appeared in a timely manner. My salmon entree arrived on a bed of creamy butternut squash risotto. I thought I didn't like risotto, but I was wrong. Another surprise was the pumpkin pie soup. Delicious.

Since it was a birthday we were served a layered chocolate creation..which was as beautiful as it was delicious. Picture attached. As we were getting ready to leave, someone must have alerted the valet because as we opened the front door, our car was waiting at the curb for us. Now that's service!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We ordered the 5-course dinner - which is an amazing experience! You simply tell them what you can't eat or do not like and they build a surprising 5 course meal around that! So wonderful to be surprised by each unique and wonderful course/dish! My husband doesn't like seafood so he had beef carpaccio; homemade pasta; duck; filet and a chocolate mousse like parfait -- mine was raw salmon; pasta; seared scallops; filet and an apple tart with pear ice cream. So delicious! Our server was great as well as the hostess but the busser, Rafeal, was AMAZING! Never did we once even come close to running out of water or sit there with empty plates in front of us. He was absolutely the best! He helped make the experience that much more perfect! I highly recommend a visit to Dante's and they have a 5-course meal with wine pairings or without along with a 7-course one.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Fun and delicious birthday dinner for my sister at this place. Started with a great waiter, interesting cocktails and good wine. Food was beautifully presented and quite good. Steak was prepared perfectly and was tender. My fish dish was very good as was the veal chop.
Relaxing atmosphere with good energy. Not too loud and a nice window seat. They have valet parking which is good since the parking in the area is limited.
Would go again next time in Tremont area ( though there are so many good places).

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Finally experienced Dante - and was not disappointed. Lovely old building - well maintained inside and decorated with contemporary art. Menu was diverse - with unique preparations. Service was attentive and made it special. Food was delicious. Everyone one of us was delighted with our choices, wine list was expansive and sommelier very knowledgeable - really knew his Italians, in fact, he just returned from a two week trip through Italian wine country. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited Dante based on reviews online and suggestions from friends and we were so glad we did!

Our visit was on a Thursday right around 5:30p, when they opened. There were a couple of other patrons inside already. We didn't have reservations but were seated promptly. By the time we left close to 8p, the place was bustling but there were still a few empty tables.

We ordered the 5 course tasting menu (without the wine pairing), and the filet mignon. The 5 course servings were quite sizable for me and I was very stuffed at the end. Without going into fancy names or descriptions, here's what was included in the 5 courses:
Course 1 -- salmon tartare
Course 2 -- pasta with a citrus twist
Course 3 -- scallop & crab
Course 4 -- filet with micro greens
Course 5 -- sorbet

What really stood out for us was the service. My husband ordered a medium steak but the steak came out medium well. He didn't want to waste food by sending the steak back so we did not say anything. But our waitress noticed it as she was refilling our drinks and called it out, apologized straight away, and offered to make a new one. We declined for reason mentioned, so she offered a free dessert which we gladly accepted instead. Other places would probably have skirted through the situation, but we were thoroughly impressed with our waitress' attentiveness.

Overall, the food was delicious and coupled with the excellent service, it's a place worth the visit!