“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Blue Jade

Blue Jade
Ranked #325 of 1,917 Restaurants in Cleveland
Reviewed August 4, 2016

So it's a Chinese restaurant but they serve a few thai dishes. Normally, I wouldn't order thai in a chinese restaurant but I had a hankering for pad thai. Let me say, it was one of the best I've had anywhere, which means in thai restaurants. The sauce is different and that's what made it stand out. There is probably better pad thai to be found elsewhere, but I'm still pleased with what they served. It came with both chix & shrimp. They did forget the crushed peanuts but seeing they had to remake mine because of forgetting not to add any thing in the onion family, I didn't care. The chix was all white meat & everything was very fresh tasting. Dinner companion had a Chinese chix dish with veggies. Again, all white meat chix & the veggies were fresh & not overcooked but not undercooked either. It wasn't loaded with celery or some other cheap veggies but instead had a nice mix. The fried rice which came with that entree was probably some of the best I've tasted (this wasn't a fried rice with shrimp or pork in it but just plain rice) as it was moist and cooked just right. It wasn't dry as is often the case. I will go back.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

I asked at my hotel where this place was and they said they never heard of it. Turns out it was at the end of the same block the hotel was on, within walking distance. Went for dinner and returned the next day for lunch.They offer Chinese food and some Thai dishes as well. Portions were good size and prices were low. Service was quick as they were not busy either time I visited.

Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

We went there on Friday the 19th for a takeout order. We have eaten there before. We are regular customers. The friendly staff and tasty food always brings us back. The food is fresh and made to order. I ordered the General Taos chicken. I have ordered it before mild and hot. They always get the spicy level correct. The chicken was still crispy. Not rubbery like some restaurants. The interior of the restaurant is average but appear to be clean.

1  Thank Chris J
Reviewed December 23, 2015

As it was getting dark, we decided to sup in a restaurant close to our hotel so we ended up in Blue Jade, which is within walking distance (about 1,000 steps). Being vegetarians and having food restrictions, we were initially disappointed that Blue Jade's menu was heavily into meat dishes. We soon lightened up when the friendly waitperson recommended a couple of dishes and we were able to specify which ingredients to omit from the dishes and even how they were to be cooked (e.g., no brown sauce, low salt and less oil). We were pleasantly surprised that the food was quite delicious, even the shrimp egg rolls, so we sent a "thank you" to the chef for being so accommodating.

Reviewed September 21, 2015 via mobile

Typical quick sit-down Chinese. Similar to every other place of this style. Fast, hot, average Chinese food. Atmosphere is a little dull.

Been to Blue Jade? Share your experiences!