“Great secluded property with tons of activities”
Arial #2 Arial #3
Great Room
Game Room *** THIS IS ONLY HALF OF THE GAME ROOM***
Executive Poker Table
Pop a shot
Master Bedroom with King Barn Bed *** ALL BEDS ARE CRAFTED BY A LOCAL AMISH CARPENTER!***
Bedroom #2 (Queen Bed with a Twin over a Full Bunk Bed with vaulted ceilings)
Bedroom #3 (Queen Bed with a Twin over a Full Bunk Bed with vaulted ceilings)
Bedroom #4 (Queen bed)
Bedroom #5 (Queen Bed with a Twin over a Full Bunk Bed)
Real Stone Floor to Ceiling Fireplace
ALL FULL BATHROOMS HAVE DOUBLE VANITIES!
Loft
Laundry Room
Commercial like kitchen appliances
Bird watching
one of many local stands
Local Amish produce stand
Farm fresh produce!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 50 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Sean K
“Great secluded property with tons of activities”
Reviewed May 8, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

I rented the cabin for a long weekend with some friends and couldn't give a higher endorsement. The cabin is on a pretty big plot of land and has plenty of outdoor room for activities (throwing the football, etc), a stocked fishing pond and a great fire pit. There are also lots of indoor activities to keep you busy if the weather turns. The location is close enough to Ashland as well if you want to explore beyond the property (golf course is 15 minutes away). The owners were very helpful and responsive to any needs. Can't go wrong with this property.

9 May 2018
Sean, thanks for taking the time to write review. We really appreciate it and are glad you guys had a great time!

We hope to have you back again!!!

Thanks!
matthewJM...
Cleveland, Ohio
“Exceptional Lodge and Beautiful Property”
Reviewed May 5, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

I first found Golden Bear Lodge through an online search and was excited from the start. I was looking for a simple cabin/lodge for a weekend get-away with friends, Golden Bear appeared have exactly what I wanted, and they ended up exceeding my expectations. The website does a wonderful job of encapsulating all that the lodge has to offer, but we were even more blown away once we arrived. Julie was our contact with Golden Bear and was extremely kind, accommodating, and helpful throughout the process. The property itself was beautiful and spacious, isolated enough for a quiet retreat but also close enough to any amenities you may need. The Lodge was clean and well organized. They give a very detailed list of what you will need and what they supply, which we found extremely beneficial. We had planned a few golf outings and hiking trips, unfortunately due to weather both were cut short, but the game room kept us more than occupied. Not only would I recommend Golden Bear Lodge for anyone, adults or families, but I plan on returning myself. Obviously anyone reading this most likely has never met me, but the fact that I took the time/effort to right a review, makes it an automatic 10/10. Enjoy.

6 May 2018
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit review-We truly appreciate it. We are very glad that you and friends had such a nice time!

We hope to have you all back again soon! Please reach out whenever you are interested in
coming back!!!

Thanks again! Julie
Erin K
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome Cabin!”
Reviewed April 16, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

My partner and two of our couple friends rented this out for the Saint Patrick’s Day weekend. We had so much fun!! The games in the basement provided hours or entertainment and the view of the stars at night from the hot tub were stunning. We enjoyed being able to cook for ourselves and save money on dining out. The booking process was very easy and the owners very accommodating. I look forward to returning in the future!!!

17 Apr 2018
Thanks Erin! Glad that you, Kevin and friends enjoyed your stay!
Jennifer...
“Beautiful and relaxing girls getaway”
Reviewed February 16, 2018 for a stay in October 2017

Loved this place! It was my turn to plan a fun & relaxing girls night getaway and based off another review I found this gem. My friends and I enjoyed our stay so much. Pictures do not do the cabin justice. The ambiance needs to be experienced in person. It was much nicer and bigger than I had expected. Very clean and the owners were very accommodating and easy to deal with. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook a great meal. We enjoyed the beautiful scenery catching up & drinking wine. The hot tub was a great perk. So nice to sit out under the stars. I rented wirh 6 girlfriends who all live in diff cities, the cabin is great midway point for all of us. I highly recommend. Selfishly I want to keep it a secret so it’s always available but the owners deserve every bit of recognition and credit. We will be back. Thanks so much for a fabulous weekend!

barb12320...
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing time”
Reviewed February 16, 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

This is our second time staying at this cabin!! We have also stayed at their other property, Kodiak falls lodge! They are both beautiful!

This cabin is amazing! It’s a beautiful log cabin with a fireplace located in the middle of the home; which is where we frequently sat! We enjoyed the hot tub and spent a lot of time playing golden tee!! We enjoy the 20 person dining room table. It’s great being all able to share meals at the same table.

You are right in Amish country, away from everything! That’s what we love the most about going there. Also, it was nice having a washer and dryer too! Always great when you have little ones!

Michael K
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
“Absolutely AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

My family & friends were extremely pleased with this cabin. It was way above our expectations. The hospitality was great from Jesse as well! Anytime I had a question, he answered right away. I would recommend this to everyone, no matter the age. I can't wait to go back! Thank you for everything!!!

17 Feb 2018
Michael, thank you for the feedback! We hope to see you again soon!
tamelasue...
Canton, Ohio
“Wedding”
Reviewed September 24, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Jesse was not aware that I was an event planner at one point in my life... so this review is an absolute honest one from a personal perspective and professional. The event was my wedding so expectations were very high. Jesse not only provided excellent customer service but the lodge was exceptional. We're already planning another event at New Years ... I'm going to try the other lodge he has. I would have some suggestions for Jesse regarding making the lodge into a " care free" experience... I would have paid a lot of money for the service of having a personal grocery shopper stock the cabin for us with a list provided. Just a thought for us higher maintenance guests... but that is not a negative comment... my entire family was very happy and comfortable. Thanks Jesse!!!!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing