“First date”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Prospect Avenue
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

The place was really nice, great atmosphere and the food was a little pricey but great. The braised lamb I had was $32 for a place but very tasty. I enjoyed it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,337)

Reviewed February 9, 2018

One of the problems with going to top-rated restaurants is that you arrive with very high expectations. This can actually hurt your perception of the restaurant, because even if they are very good when you were expecting excellence, there is a tendency to rate them a bit lower than they should be.
We went to Lola with those high expectations and they nailed it! The atmosphere was a very sharp urban-contemporary, the service impeccable, the food presentation outstanding, and the food itself excellent.
My wife and I frequently split menu items and the two we split (gem salad and scallops) were served separately and perfectly presented, as though they were intended to come that way. (This is something I always believe shows the pride the restaurant takes in food presentation.)
We had the pierogis, beets & grains, gem salad, scallops, and sides of mushrooms and brussel sprouts, all of which were excellent. One thing to note: the sides are very generous – probably large enough as a side-serving for 4 people to share. The mushroom side was a huge serving and there must have been at least two dozen brussel sprout halves.
Unfortunately, being pressed for time (and also being fairly full), I did not have a dessert there. They all looked very creative and I think I may have to get back there some time to try at least one!
All in all, a great meal experience.

Reviewed February 7, 2018

We were sort of "saving" Lola's for a special occasion and boy, it was worth it! Of course, we now realize that it is just too good to save and we will have to go back as often as possible! The food was prepared and presented perfectly! The service was top notch. The wine list was extensive and wonderfully paired. The ambiance was fun, yet upscale! We are foodies and have lived and traveled in many places around the world. We went to Lola's with friends who are even more well-traveled and well-dined than ourselves and every single person was thrilled with every aspect of Lola's. Well done!

1  Thank jhshenk
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Friendly, efficient and knowledgeable service, great wine list and food. I had the lobster , my husband had the Dover sole. Both were delicious and presented in an artifice way. The server debones the fish at your table. Desserts were extra special and a ticket to sweet heaven. Highly recommend.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Always wanted to eat here and Michael did not disappoint. The beef cheek pierogis were a highlight. Ample portions craft fully designed and plated. Very good wine list. A great evening!