“Second stay at Hyatt Regency - just as memorable and enjoyable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Second stay at Hyatt Regency - just as memorable and enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Interesting fact: my wife and I spent our wedding night here.

However, this stay was for another couple's wedding. If you haven't been to the Arcade in Cleveland you'll find it quite charming and it has so much character it really is a step above a lot of other places in its architecture alone. The Arcade is right in the heart of Cleveland - walking distance to any of the sporting venues, tower city, and right around the corner (literally 10 second walk to East 4th street - House of Blues, Corner Alley, Chocolate Bar, comedy clubs, bars, etc. So you can't ask for a better location in downtown Cleveland. You're also a stones throw from West 6th street and Ohio City - both of which have great bars, but West 6th is more for your "bros." Your twenty something dudes and drunk annoying girls. So I recommend Ohio City or East 4th over West 6th any day of the week. Ohio City is home to some great Micro Breweries as well. Always a blast.

Anyways, our stay at the Hyatt was spot on fantastic outside of a fire alarm going off at 3:00am this past weekend. That was a bit of a train wreck. Overnight parking was $22 flat. We ordered room service (breakfast ~ $50; Belgian Waffle, omlette, side of bacon, and a few other things...nothing to write home about, pretty standard issue hotel fare - would've liked to see something a little nice; waffle was cold).

The only thing that stood out to my wife and I was how slow and unaware the valet was. Other than that, perfect stay! Thanks -

1 Thank Pezman2005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Downtown Cleveland is not the most happening of spots, but the Hyatt at the Arcade is a good option if you find yourself in the area. The Arcade itself is beautiful - reminiscent of the Galleria in Milan, Italy - but unfortunately it lacks the fun shopping! The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the hotel and rooms were very clean and comfortable (and fairly spacious). WiFi was also very easy to use. The location is very central in downtown - easy walking to the Rock & Roll hall of fame and some fantastic restaurants. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Fair Haven, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We did not know just how much Cleveland likes their St Patty's day parties, but we definitely found out when we were here! We requested a quiet room so we were not in the Arcade area rooms and we were put in room 515. The room is set back a bit from the other rooms so while crazy drunk people were all over the hotel with their annoying kids in tow all over the floors, the sound was actually pretty quiet. I definitely appreciated that. We came here because I have frequent Hyatt points, so my room was free. I really have nothing to complain about. It was nice and clean and we were really out and about all weekend. We came as a 2 day getaway from the kids, ate at all the Michael Symon restaurants and at Lucky's Cafe for breakfast, went to the chocolate bar for after dinner drinks (which is in the hotel), and everything was good. I would stay here again, but I would be sure that it wasn't during St Patrick's Day, that is, unless you like the "Mardi Gras" type people all over the place which is what it felt like, but everyone was in green!

Room Tip: If you like quiet, stay AWAY from the arcade rooms and ask for the regular hotel rooms.
1 Thank mel8905
powell, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

From the service to the room, to the location and price - all wrapped up in one.

Room Tip: If you are sure you want quiet - make sure you request a quiet room. My understanding is that the r...
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel is so unique! Everyone was very friendly, the front desk team and bell man assisted me with all my pestering; store my bag, pull my bag, store it again. I had a room overlooking a street with lights and stores and restaurants - I don't remember the name unfortunately, but it was a great view. The rooms were a little dated, but I did hear of a possible renovation. Bed was comfortable, and I slept like a rock. One thing that I absolutely loved was the shower! It was nothing fancy, just your standard tub/shower combo with curtain, but the shower head and the water made it fantastic! I almost took another shower.

At breakfast the restaurant was very efficient and always refilling my coffee.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat when I am back in Cleveland. Great location downtown.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank VailErika
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Nice rooms! Nice Bar. Room service excellent. Great location to everything. Very unique setting makes this a memorable stay. Staff is friendly. Definitely recommend.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
HRCleveland, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
mlc222, We're glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback and we hope that we'll have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights on business in March 2012. Overall, the hotel was fine. It's in a cool old building (the "arcade") and many of the rooms face the atrium of the arcade itself (mine did not). I thought that the architecture of the building was quite interesting; I like it when hotels take over old buildings.

The shopping in the arcade, however, isn't much -- a nail spa and a few other random retailers. The hotel's restaurant is off the arcade, too, and was very depressing-looking; during the dinner hours, I saw no one enter it.

The hotel is in a good location within downtown Cleveland; out the 'back' side of the arcade there is a strip of restaurants, some of which are quite good.

Valet service was pretty good. It took around 15 minutes for cars to be retrieved, which is awhile, but they were fully transparent about this, so each time I needed my car, I called 15 mins. in advance and it was ready as promised. The valet staff is very nice. Upon arrival at the hotel, it could be clearer where the valet is located; I drove around the block a couple of times before I realized where to pull in.

I ordered room service. It came promptly; an item was missing from my order, however. To his credit, the staff member instantly realized this and came back with the item within just a few minutes. So, no big deal. The food (a big salad with salmon on top) was quite good.

The fitness center is complete, with a good array of cardio equipment, free weights, jump ropes, balls, etc. It could be a bit bigger, but the equipment was in great shape and I appreciated the 'extras' (jump ropes, resistance bands, etc.).

So here's the thing that was underwhelming -- hence the 'average' rating: the room. I am an 'elite' member with Gold Passport, so I was really disappointed when the room to which I was assigned did not resemble the photos on the hotel's website. I was in a very small, corner room. The room's condition, while not poor, wasn't great either -- it could use a refresh, especially the ancient boxy TV in the huge armoire, etc. Everything was clean, however, and the internet access worked without a problem.

Lots of potential at this hotel. With fresher rooms and perhaps a revitalized "arcade," it could be outstanding.

My overall assessment is that I would stay here again, but would certainly investigate other options in the same area, too.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business