New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square

Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Warren, Ohio
“Great hotel for a late show!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Not sure what to expect after reading some of the negative reviews. Our experience was wonderful. Terrific service from the start. Room was very clean and appeared to be newer. Location is perfect for after a show. Walking distance. The rate was actually cheaper than I expected. Extremely quiet but we were in a corner room. My only complaint would be the bed. Too soft and low....but that is my opinion...overall, great time!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smorebore
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear smorebore,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are downtown.

Hospitality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

Just stayed here last night 2/4/12 in order to take in a show. I love that it is within walking distance of some restaurants as well as the theater. You really have to valet park your car as the parking garage is several blocks away. They will put the valet charge on your credit card if you want. The room was nice, bed clean and comfy. My only room complaint has to be that the housekeeper knocked this morning to see if we had checked out yet, while we were barely out of bed. Really? Why doesn't the front desk keep them informed. What if I had still been in bed and not heard the knock? Would she have come on in thinking we were already gone?? I did not appreciate this. We went to their restaurant for the breakfast buffet. $13.50 is way way too expensive for what we saw. We skipped it and went elsewhere. The buffet didn't look like something I would pay more than $5 for.
Overall a good hotel though. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bgsu2014
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear bgsu2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Wyndham Cleveland. We are pleased to hear that you found us to have a great location with clean and comfy rooms. I apologize for the disturbance from Housekeeping and that you did not enjoy our breakfast with a made-to-order omelet station. We look forward to your next visit!

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Nice room, great price and great service. The location is good also.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear leon039,

Thank you for staying with us in Cleveland. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and great service. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

To celebrate my 60th birthday, a trip to Cleveland was planned so we could visit the Rockn Roll Hall of Fame and see HAIR at the Cleveland Playhouse...all in one day. Took advantage of the hotel's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame package which included the room, valet parking, 2 tickets to the museum and shuttle service...all for $151 including taxes. Two tickets were worth $44.00. It was cold, snowy, etc...it was January in Cleveland. Valet parking was appreciated after a 4 hour drive. The hotel's shuttle took us to Pulic Square for dining choices and shopping and then picked us up and drove us to the Hall of Fame. Picked us up from there and we had time for a quick drink...service could have been faster...back at the hotel. We walked across the street went down one block and we were at the theatre. The logistics could not have been better. Found all staff to be friendly and helpful. It is an older hotel and the rooms were as expected. I left my Kindle in the room and the housekeeping staff had it mailed to me that day when I reported my error. My biggest disappointment was the pizza we had delivered at the advice of the front desk staff on the night of arrival! I would highly recommend this hotel for a trip such as this.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stephanie S
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family and friends. It was a nice getaway weekend. We almost cancelled our reservations of 14 rooms beforehand, however, because of the discourteousness of one of the sales staff, and were very leary about the rest of our visit.

But we were pleasently surprised and very relieved when we arrived. Jamie was very friendly and helpful in checking in our rather large group. They put our rooms all together for us. The rooms were pretty clean and well decorated.

We went for dinner in the hotel's bar Friday evening, the appetizers and drinks were half off. They were absolutely delicious! I highly recommend their french fries and chicken wings. Kevin, our server, was very nice and never seemed annoyed because he had to take care of such a large group. He did mess up a few orders and checks, but he fixed them all without complaining.

I greatly appreciated that they let us use a room to play board games in. One of the servers from the restaurant, Allan, went above and beyond for us. He even made popcorn for the little ones for game night, and made a quick delivery to our room. He was really great.

Overall I felt the hotel was clean, the pool was nice for the kids, the staff and food was great, and parking wasn't too bad. I would definitely consider returning for another family getaway.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

This was my first experience staying at a Wyndham hotel, and it is now my standard by which I measure all hotels against. The staff was amazingly friendly, the room service was prompt, the food delicious, and they brought me a fridge to keep the extra food in at no additional charge when there was a mix up in my order. But the absolute best part of the hotel is the bed. Best bed in the entire world. I wanted to take it home with me and never leave it! I stayed at the hotel with other coworkers for a function and the first thing everyone commented on was the bed. There was also bliss bath products in the bathroom which were luxurious and lovely. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone and will stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HospitalityMgr, Manager at Wyndham Cleveland at Playhouse Square, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Dear MMK49,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our amazingly friendly staff and the "best bed in the entire world"! We hope that your travels will bring you back to Cleveland and back to the Wyndham.

Coldwater, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

We asked for an upgrade when we got there and they gave it to us for and extra $30 a night, so we expected a VERY nice room!! It was a King corner suite or so we thought. It was far from it!! The mini-fridge and microwave were on the floor!! The microwave had dents all over it and the fridge had rust inside it. Needless to say we didn't use it. The coffee table looked like it got left out in the rain - bubbling all over it. We had to turn the entire a moire so that we could see the TV. The tub/toilet area was VERY poorly lit. The outlet situation was horrific! 1 plug with a multi-plug adapter plugged in to it. It was wires everywhere!! We called maintenance. Upsdide - the bed was comfortable and the view was decent. Very quiet. We stayed on the 5th floor.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shea G
Dear Shea G,

Thank you for staying with the Wyndham Cleveland. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our guest room and it's amenities. However, I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable bed to sleep on. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Hospitality Manager

Travellers are raving about these Cleveland hotels