“This hotel is awesome!”

Ranked #90 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
DuBois
“This hotel is awesome!”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This hotel has everything we need.It's always clean and well maintained. The staff here are the best we've ever had.They're friendly and take care of our needs while we're there. The price is the best for the area and that's why we always stay at Extended Stay Hotel in Columbus.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I recently blind booked this hotel via Hotwire. I got a good deal, but was shocked to see that the published rates were double that of other ESA's around Columbus. It is clearly because of location.

This is the standard no-frills ESA property. The layout is identical to those I have stayed at in the past. However, it is located right in the heart of the Easton district of Columbus, which provides a lot of good shopping. It is located directly across the street from a Sams Club / Walmart complex, and is walking district to the high end stuff.

I was assigned the handicapped room. This is probably because I was Hotwire, and was therefore given the leftover. It was fine, but I found the room to be a bit awkward. It was clean and had all of the typical ESA stuff (stove, microwave, full sized fridge), but had a small television with very few channels. Further, there was soap but no shampoo, which is a signature characteristic of ESA's. For one night, it was fine.

Overall, the complex is clean and well kept, if nondescript. If this came up again in a blind booking, I wouldn't be upset. Even at walkup rate, it is probably a good value for the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments regarding the accommodations.

Although it seems that you were satisfied with your stay overall, I am sorry that you found the room to be somewhat awkward. It is true that the bathroom and kitchen area in handicapped accessible rooms are laid out slightly differently than standard rooms, though you are correct that the room amenities are all the same. Please note that if you ever find yourself in need of items such as shampoo, you should contact the front desk as we do stock a limited supply of sundries.

With regard to the television and channel line up, I do appreciate your feedback. We regularly evaluate our television offering in order to ensure that our guests are receiving the best possible value during their stay. So, we are grateful for comments such as yours that can be used in this evaluation process.

Once again, thanks for all of your comments. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to the Easton area.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I visit Easton Town Center a few times a year. I have friends that come in from different areas and Columbus is the perfect meeting place.

For this trip, the hotels right by Easton were all booked so we started looking at other options. I found Extended Stay America and was very interested by their reasonable price and their proximity to Easton. But, I almost didn't book because I read some of the older reviews on TripAdvisor. Everything seemed bad about it. But, I decided to check it out for myself and I am SOO glad I did!

The check-in process was easy and the girl working at the front desk was more than professional and very friendly. (At this point, I was feeling good about my decision). Although I have to admit, I was still nervous about noise levels. As I was walking to my room, I heard a dog bark a couple times. I noticed a magnet on the door right across the hall (which the hotel puts up when someone has a pet). Of course my first thought was "Oh, great...Here we go..." But, the entire time we were in the room and overnight, I didnt hear a peep from that room or ANY other for that matter. Not talking, laughing, no TVs, ANYthing!

Also, the room was very nice and REALLY clean!! I was impressed with the pergo-type floor that was in the kitchen and bathroom which also gave the room a more modern feel. And, the kitchenette was a nice perk. I wasn't sure I would use it for a one night stay, but I actually did end up using the microwave and the fridge. I have to admit that it was a nice perk.

Is this the biggest, most modern hotel I've ever stayed in? No. Is this a 5-star luxury hotel with tons of amenities ? No. But, I would consider this an 5-star hotel if you want value for your money, cleanliness and friendly efficient staff. Plus, you really can't beat the price considering the location! It is across the street (walking distance) from a Super Walmart and seconds away from Easton as well as all of the other shopping/restaurants that surround Easton.

To summarize, I think this hotel was beyond my expectations! And, I plan to stay there for future visits. And, I hope you will enjoy your stay as much as I did!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank mys_peach74
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Columbus - Easton. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Fairmont, WV
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I stayed at the Extended Stay America in Easton, Columbus Ohio, this past weekend.

I cannot praise this hotel enough. The cost was amazingly inexpensive and the accomodations were excellent. The room was clean, the kitchenette and bathroom spacious and the staff were so pleasant and helpful. The young girl on Reception when we arrived even went to the trouble of finding us a local seafood restaurant, printed off directions and even the menu for us!

The Easton shopping center across the street provided some nice up-market shopping and there were several excellent restaurants. The Japanese steakhouse, just across the lot from the hotel, was excellent!

I would certainly stay at this hotel again and, in fact, will be looking for Extended Stay America hotels in other locations.

If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel that gives you what you need - this is the hotel for you!

Girona40

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Girona40Fairmont_WV
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, 15 January 2010

columbus, oh
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Spent more than 2wks here while waiting for a moving company to bring my stuff. 1st things 1st, the lady at the front desk had a pleasant smile, ALWAYS. I didn't expect heaven on earth but got what I expected. It was ok. Served my purpose.
During my 3rd week's stay, I wanted to print ONE page of sthing. Ofcourse I had no printer and asked the guy at the reception one day if he could print me just a page of what I wanted. He said he could only print me an itinerary. If it is not an itinerary, he wouldn't. I wondered... probably an itinerary would run into 2pgs, what I needed was just a pg, and anyway, printing my 1pg was going to consume the same if not less, of paper and ink. After staying 2+ weeks, what better way would have been more appreciative of my stay than to just print me a pg of sthing? And these are the small things that count. This simply left a bad taste in my mouth and I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Ummmmm...I think people LIVE here. The staff is very courteous and helpful but I honestly felt like I was in a flop house of sorts. To their credit, they are currently updating and painting, but that does not get rid of the people LIVING next to me in the room who are hanging out in the hallway with the door open, laughing and smoking incessantly.

I'm beginning to think my travel agent hates me.....at this point I miss the Holiday Inn at Bonita Springs, to be perfectly honest. (See my review on that one!!)

Hey, on a good note, they are putting a sushi place right next to the hotel. That might class it up a little.

• Liked — The customer service
  • Disliked — The clientele
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank simplechic
Wilton Manors, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2007

I had this hotel booked for me by a company I was working for in town. This place is a dump. I can't stress that enough, from the worn out carpets to the dripping air conditioner, this place was, bar none, the worst place I've ever stayed for business or pleasure. I don't have terribly high demands, but they were not met.

The television has all of 18 channels, 3 of which were Showtime. All I wanted was to watch MSNBC to get some decent news and that fell through.

They make you pay for your internet connection (which is quite slow). That in and of itself wasn't terrible, but I had to pay twice because I was relocated to another property of theirs when they decided to do an emergency renovation.

Of course my billing information wasn't transferred so I had to pay for the hotel a second time until it was straightened out the second day. Up shot, it was resolved quickly and efficiently. Down side, there should have never been a mistake.

There is, of course, no standard complementary breakfast, so I have to add more to my expense account to get something to eat. There is also no gym so I can't work out.

Lastly I would say at both of the ESA properties I have stayed at in the greater Columbus area have been pretty much similar. The same run down carpet, the same leaky air conditioners, and the same pay-for-me internet access which, as stated above, is slow. I will do my best to ensure that I never stay at an ESA again for business or pleasure.

One up shot to the location off Morse Road (Easton) it is very near the Easton mall, where you can momentarily forget the dump you're staying in.

Basically I wouldn't recommend ESA properties. But I might not completely ward off the most Spartan of travelers. Ones who truly only want a place to sleep.

• Liked — proximity to the mall
  • Disliked — the accommodation
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)