Hilton Garden Inn Columbus-University Area
US$127
Hampton.com
US$83
ComfortInn
Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Room Service
US$136
US$119
Hyatt.com
Best Western Port Columbus(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$87
All reviewsohio stategreat hotelbob evansroom was cleanfront desk staffbusiness centershuttle servicewould recommend this hotel to anyonewould stay here againfree breakfasteasy accessfitness centernice stayparking lothot tubbusiness triposu
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This is your standard Hilton Garden - well-run; clean; nice middle-of-the-road hotel; average breakfast'; reliable; cookie-cutter- relatively the same as the Courtyards and the Fairfields. It is OK but ----- One BIG difference - this one has a special type of bed that the written material claims will "conform to your body's shape and sleeping style" - (reminded me of those vibrating beds from the 1950's that you put a quarter in the slot and it vibrated for a half hour, allegedly giving you a great massage) -- the problem was all three of us had sore backs the next day and we are certain it was these beds. I have stayed in at least 10 other Hilton Garden Inns over the past year (I am a Hilton Gold member) and none of them have these beds. I hope this hotel will consider replacing them with standard beds. If that was done, I would reconsider staying here.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2009

This is a very nice hotel. The problem I have with Hilton Gardens in general is that the rooms are comparable to a Hampton, and the price is a little higher than a Hampton, but at a Hampton, you get free breakfast, and at HGI, its $9. I must not be seeing the price points in the rooms.

That being said, it was a very nice stay. I had actually moved the night of my stay out by one night, and that changed the rate. When I called HGI reservations to change the date, they didnt tell me the rate would go up significantly. So, I did a double take when I looked at the bill (I should have noticed it when I checked in). So, in the morning, faced with a bill about 50% higher than a comparable Hampton, but with no breakfast (I am all about the breakfast obviously), I inquired at the desk. To their credit, they immediately fixed the bill, which I thought was more than fair of them. I should have asked if the rates went up when I changed the date. So, I would stay there again. Nice rooms, great location, good staff. I just want a free muffin.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank quicksilver99
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stay at this hotel few times a year for work travel - each visit I have been pleased! The rooms are comfortable and clean. The beds are comfortable - refrigerators and microwaves are in the rooms. The hotel is located near restaurants - close to campus but far enough to not be in the midst of college life and night energy - in other words, the hotel is very quiet and perfect for business. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Breakfast is served for a fee - it's good...not great, but good. Warm cookies are available each evening in the lobby and the bar is open at night. No complaints!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2008

My husband and I being in our 40's found the perfect location for OSU home games. Ideal for walking to the game provided there are no young children walking ( traffic is close without sidewalks) . The quality of Hilton is worth it to us and will keep out the "Party Animals". The staff is very helpful and friendly. The made to order breakfast is handled nice. No standing in long lines. You order after being seated and they bring it out. It's an additional charge but worth it. The hot tub and pool we had to ourselves after the game added a spa-like experience. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank keoweegirl
Reviewed September 6, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the last three months. It is a very nice hotel, very comfortable. The staff is quite helpful and pleasant. Rooms are juts right with adjustable beds, nice linens, flat screen TV and comfortable business chair and desk. Free internet is simple to hook up to. I really enjoy staying here. It is consistantly good.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank everest