Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Blackwell(Columbus)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskriverside hospitalhi expresscinnamon rollsohio statepool and hot tubi highly recommend this hotelfree breakfastthe breakfast areawould stay here againking bedroom was largea great staythe hotel is cleanshort drivecoffee makerosu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I don't stay in Holiday Inn hotels very often--my father booked this room for us when we were in town for a basketball game. Anyways, the hotel is very conveniently located near campus. The room was very clean, quiet, beds were reasonably comfortable (not Westin quality)--we had a room with 2 queens, also had a little kitchenette/pull out sofa area. The hotel had free wi-fi and free newspaper, as well as complimentary breakfast, which didn't start till 6:30am, which may be too late for some travelers. It wouldn't be ideal, but you could potentially walk to Value City/Horseshoe from the hotel as well. Needless to say, this hotel isn't an awesome luxury hotel, but given the price, location, and for a nights sleep, you can't go wrong. Nicer than I expected out of a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Everything was and is from my experience excellent. The rooms are large comfortable, homey, (i.e., refrigerator, microwave, sturdy paper plates) and clean. The Priority membership is a nice bonus but you pay for it the hotels rates but then it's a Holiday Inn. The rates are a little pricey; i had short night stay. The rate given was $124 but when it was all said and done the actual cost was $145--nowhere near the 116 price. Had a surgical appt. at 5a so didn't have an opportunity to have the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank drmuhammad
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel has real good proximity to OSU and is in a nice neighborhood. The other H.I. Expo (my wife stayed there years ago) is in a less attractive area, but also has close proximitiy. This Olentangy location is much more appropriate if a woman is traveling alone. Other than proximity the room was clean and quiet. Everything else was typical H.I. Express - breakfast room, room layout, etc. The only minor complaint is that there was no card given with the internet access details - I had to call down for the info.

Across the street and over is a Bob Evans for those wanting a "real" breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Came to Parents and Family Weekend at OSU, and after two nights, was told to leave the hotel. Why? We complained about the maid coming into our room when our son was sleeping. Also, breakfast was supposed to end at 10:00 AM on the weekends, and they took away the food at 9:30, when clearly the book in the room said 10:00 AM on Saturday and Sundays. Thank goodness the Fairfield Inn by Marriott next door, had rooms available. Springhill Suites, also by Marriott is a beautiful place to stay, a little down the road on Olentangy. We've stayed in some of the best hotels in Orlando, Cove at Atlantis Paradise Island and Aruba, with our three kids, and were never treated like this. Don't stay here, or you may be thrown out of the hotel too. Pancakes at breakfast tasted like cardboard, eggs were gross too. Waffles at Marriott were great, go there, at least they don't take the food away earlier than stated. Lobbies are nicer and bigger too at the Marriott. Will never stay at a Holiday Inn, ever. My honest advice, you shouldn't either, especially this one.

Room Tip: Keep away from elevators, they're noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Ppbny1761
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I was wowwed the minute I drove up to this place... looks like an upscale hotel in Miami- or La... loved the decor of the lobby-- with nice University colors and the theme continued all the way into my room. The staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was really good--- hotels where I have paid for breakfast in the past was no where near the quality of the food I had here at this Particular Holiday suites... I really liked the room I was in-- I believe it was a king suite-- was huge! I will definitely be back in the area when traveling to my Battelle home office.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business