“Incredible customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU
Ranked #47 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Toronto, Canada
“Incredible customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My friend and I drove from Toronto in mid-November to visit our childhood friend who had just moved to Columbus with her young family. Not wanting to put them out by having to host us, we opted to stay here because it is close to their home.

We found the hotel very clean overall, our room quite spacious, and the free breakfast an unexpected and welcome perk. The young lady who checked us in was very friendly and sweet, especially as we arrived just as the OSU/Penn State game was ending - quite a chaotic scene!

The most noteworthy incident, however, happened after we had checked out of the hotel. Just as we were arriving in Toronto after an 8 hour drive, I realized I had left my MacBook charger plugged into a wall socket in the hotel room. Not wanting to shell out $80 for a new one if I could avoid it, I phoned the hotel next day, and after leaving a message was put through to Connie, the Assistant Manager. After searching high and low, thinking initially that it was a lost cause, Connie was able to locate the missing charger and put it aside for my friends to pick up. She went above and beyond the call of duty, maintaining her cheerful, positive good humour throughout.

Such customer service is a rarity - and Connie is a gem! We hope to make another visit this year, and will definitely be staying it at this Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Elevators can be noisy - try to get a room further down the corridor.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Catherine W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I don't stay in Holiday Inn hotels very often--my father booked this room for us when we were in town for a basketball game. Anyways, the hotel is very conveniently located near campus. The room was very clean, quiet, beds were reasonably comfortable (not Westin quality)--we had a room with 2 queens, also had a little kitchenette/pull out sofa area. The hotel had free wi-fi and free newspaper, as well as complimentary breakfast, which didn't start till 6:30am, which may be too late for some travelers. It wouldn't be ideal, but you could potentially walk to Value City/Horseshoe from the hotel as well. Needless to say, this hotel isn't an awesome luxury hotel, but given the price, location, and for a nights sleep, you can't go wrong. Nicer than I expected out of a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Everything was and is from my experience excellent. The rooms are large comfortable, homey, (i.e., refrigerator, microwave, sturdy paper plates) and clean. The Priority membership is a nice bonus but you pay for it the hotels rates but then it's a Holiday Inn. The rates are a little pricey; i had short night stay. The rate given was $124 but when it was all said and done the actual cost was $145--nowhere near the 116 price. Had a surgical appt. at 5a so didn't have an opportunity to have the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank drmuhammad
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel has real good proximity to OSU and is in a nice neighborhood. The other H.I. Expo (my wife stayed there years ago) is in a less attractive area, but also has close proximitiy. This Olentangy location is much more appropriate if a woman is traveling alone. Other than proximity the room was clean and quiet. Everything else was typical H.I. Express - breakfast room, room layout, etc. The only minor complaint is that there was no card given with the internet access details - I had to call down for the info.

Across the street and over is a Bob Evans for those wanting a "real" breakfast.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
New City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Came to Parents and Family Weekend at OSU, and after two nights, was told to leave the hotel. Why? We complained about the maid coming into our room when our son was sleeping. Also, breakfast was supposed to end at 10:00 AM on the weekends, and they took away the food at 9:30, when clearly the book in the room said 10:00 AM on Saturday and Sundays. Thank goodness the Fairfield Inn by Marriott next door, had rooms available. Springhill Suites, also by Marriott is a beautiful place to stay, a little down the road on Olentangy. We've stayed in some of the best hotels in Orlando, Cove at Atlantis Paradise Island and Aruba, with our three kids, and were never treated like this. Don't stay here, or you may be thrown out of the hotel too. Pancakes at breakfast tasted like cardboard, eggs were gross too. Waffles at Marriott were great, go there, at least they don't take the food away earlier than stated. Lobbies are nicer and bigger too at the Marriott. Will never stay at a Holiday Inn, ever. My honest advice, you shouldn't either, especially this one.

Room Tip: Keep away from elevators, they're noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Ppbny1761
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

I was wowwed the minute I drove up to this place... looks like an upscale hotel in Miami- or La... loved the decor of the lobby-- with nice University colors and the theme continued all the way into my room. The staff was very helpful, and the breakfast was really good--- hotels where I have paid for breakfast in the past was no where near the quality of the food I had here at this Particular Holiday suites... I really liked the room I was in-- I believe it was a king suite-- was huge! I will definitely be back in the area when traveling to my Battelle home office.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel the last weekend of August. We visit Columbus often and stay in the area, usually at another place just down the street. Decided to try this one since it was fairly new. The only complaint I would have is that we were initially put into a suite with a Jacuzzi but soon after walking in the door discovered that the faucet on the tub was broken. To the credit of the staff the front desk called within a minute of our discovery to apologize that they had placed us in a room with a problem and offered us a new, and very nice, room. The hotel itself is convenient, clean, well appointed, and the breakfast was the typical one you see at HIE properties which works quite well for us. We heard no noise from outside or inside and slept well. We will definitely stay here again as it very easy to get almost anywhere from this location with easy access to route 315 and major east-west cross streets.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family