Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU
US$76
Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$105
ComfortSuites
US$174
US$162
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$126
US$116
Hampton.com
US$76
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$90/night.

Best Western Port Columbus(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$87
US$136
US$98
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$130
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$193
US$166
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskriverside hospitalcinnamon rollshi expressohio statei highly recommend this hotelthe breakfast areafree breakfastwould stay here againking bedroom was largea great staythe hotel is cleanshort drivecoffee makerosumicrowave
Reviewed July 12, 2017

This facility is an older Holiday Inn Express with a moderate upgrade, but remnants of the former budget hotel remain. The cheap doors, odd elevator set-up, and smaller rooms (by today's standards) belie a modern presentation. However the water pressure was strong, soft start AC fan, and deluxe hot breakfast were appreciated. We were hit with the odor of stale popcorn upon entry and a look under the dust ruffle confirmed our suspicions, along with a stray grape. Most disturbing were the bits of broken light bulb glass on the bathroom floor along with other debris. This was swept up by the front desk clerk but the rest of the floors were not as clean as most hotels I have stayed in. The beds were firm which is a personal preference. Overall I think that there are better choices at this location.

Room Tip: Get a suite and bring your slippers
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeenEnough2Know
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2017

Hello SeenEnough2Know,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you liked our shower and breakfast and for giving the hotel location and service a perfect rating. On the downside, I am sorry for the shortfalls you have encountered with the overall cleanliness of the room assigned to you. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We had an excellent stay at this Holiday Inn Express. We had a spacious room with a king bed, separate sitting area, refrigerator/microwave/sink area, and desk. The bathroom was attractively updated and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the room temperature was easily controlled. We did not encounter any problems that would require customer service; however, the staff at check in was very cordial. There are notifications posted throughout the hotel that this hotel is striving to be a "ten out of ten" and encouraging guests to notify the staff if anything is not to their satisfaction. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017

I have stayed in the hotel with a group for one night. In spite of advance booking they ask us to pay $30 per room as deposit amount by credit card. As I was not having credit card I just given Forex card, My money deducted from my card . I have been told that I will get back my money within a week, but One month is over i have not got my money back. I am surprise when we booked online and paid advance how can they ask the deposit. No where in US hotel where ever we go never ask the deposit. When I inquired at the reception they said we will give back, then next day person change and refused to return as cash, This is ridiculous .If I have given cash I will get back my money. I am sure they must be doing with many other customers saying that their money will be back in one week time.Please be careful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank vdjain
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

Hi vdjain,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize for any misunderstanding about the deposit upon check-in and for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

IHG, along with most other major hotel companies, utilizes credit and debit card authorizations as a standard practice. It is assumed when you make a reservation for one of our hotels, the credit/debit card account number you provide has sufficient funds available to be used as a guarantee. An authorization hold amount, in some situations, may be up to the total amount of your room and tax charges for your entire stay, including incidentals.

Rest assured that the details of your experience will be shared to the management of the hotel for review, as we endeavor to continuously improve our service and procedures.

We value you as our guest and hope to get another chance to give you a better experience on your next visit to Columbus.

Regards,

Christian C.

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is clean and adequate for 6 day volleyball tournament at Columbus convention center- about a 10 minute drive. Rooms are clean. Suites are much better with small couch and larger room. Front desk staff is very nice and Mike A made us fresh warm cookies while we hung out in the lobby- he was awesome and polite!!! We would have loved an outdoor seating area but we made due in lobby and common area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susie P
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Hi Susie P,

Thank you for your stay and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and it is good to know that you find our property to your liking. I am glad to read that our location was convenient for your needs. Thank you as well for noting our hotel staff and the customer service they delivered. Your comments are highly appreciated.

Once more, we value your feedback and I hope you would give us another opportunity to earn those extra two stars with your next visit.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

My husband and I wanted to spend a day on the OSU campus reminiscing and needed a place close to campus. This is in an excellent location and we were very warmly greeted at check in. Our room was ready and very clean when we arrived. Very comfortable accommodations and we had a very good breakfast waiting for us the next morning--great variety of breakfast food. We would definitely choose this HI Express again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple