All reviews pool area cinnamon rolls pancake maker hot tub pull out sofa two queen beds the breakfast area hotel experience stayed for one night yogurt free breakfast front desk clerk hot breakfast business center polaris zoo roomy
Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, the decor is nice, the pool is fun, the patio is great, the lobby is inviting and the management staff is accommodating.... BUT! The cleaning and breakfast staff need improvement . When we arrived at check in the hallway floors were dirty, there were fingerprints everywhere (elevator doors, water fountains, room doors, etc.). They need to pay attention to detail (clean the glass, dust the pictures, clean the mirrors and furniture).

The couch in the dining area is very comfortable! The beds are comfortable when I didn't think they would be. My daughter ran into the room when we got here and jumped on the bed. It sounded like she jumped on top of a car hood.

Not sure if pets are allowed here but one elevator smelled like a wet dog and the other elevator smelled of chlorine and urine so I'm wondering if they are using ammonia as a cleaning product. Our room also smelled like urine and before we complained our neighbor said that their room smelled the same but when he turned the air off it went away. We turned the air down (it seemed to be controlled by the hotel and not by the thermostat) and the smell went away. I doubt if they thoroughly clean the carpets so wear shoes in your room.

The breakfast was just ok. Nothing impressive. If Erma is working expect rude behavior. I'm hoping that this is changed for the next person. Not kid friendly and because of the pool area this hotel will draw a lot of parents with small children. On this trip there were kids everywhere. I spoke to the manager about Erma's behavior because there were 2 or 3 families that she was rude to and I know that if she were rude to one of my children the outcome would have been different. If you can't handle working with young children then this is not the place to work. So I would suggest Erma get some type of child development training so that she has better understanding of child behaviors at different stages.

I would not suggest staying here because there are better options in this area. We came here just because of the pool and our kids had a great time but we will not come back here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cleverland
Bethany J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Dear Cleverland,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced in regards to cleanliness and staff during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that these have been addressed with the proper staff members and changes have been made to ensure that this problem does not continue. If you would like to continue your discussion with us, please contact us directly at the hotel. Thank you again for your review, and we hope that you will visit us again to see how great we can be.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

Stayed here while in town, easy access to college. Hotel was nice clean. Pool area was per usual. The breakfast was like lightening when shutting down, workers were rude to people. I realize there is a time restraint for everything but this was bad... shut tv off turned lights off. Lacked food 30 min before and would make no more. Spoke with front desk. Waffle maker shut off Did turn it on then worker came and dropped 7 waffles on a plate for three of us very very rude.

Stayed: July 2016
Bethany J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Dear Twingirls2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, but I am concerned with the issues you had during breakfast. I am discussing your comments with the breakfast staff, but I would like to inquire about the waffle issue. We offer a wonderful pancake machine that makes pancakes at the push of a button, but do not have waffles nor a waffle maker. If you would like to discuss this further, or provide more information, please call us directly at the hotel. Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

This was a last minute stop. We had no reservations. This was our 3rd Holiday Inn that we had stayed at during our travels in a week. It was by far the best one we stayed at. Staff was wonderful, and took care of our needs. Made sure that we were booked under our IHG membership. It was very clean. We only stayed one night, but will sure to book this hotel again on our next trip. Room was large and did not feel cramped at all.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Bethany J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Dear TAT198,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it is true that our staff are the best in Columbus, Ohio. We look forward to your next trip!

Reviewed March 11, 2017

We went to the area for a Blue Jackets game on my 13th birthday, when we came here, our reservation said to check in at 3:00, we requested the early check in, and when we came at 1:00 they let us check in early, we then were given keys to room 701 and a Wi-Fi password, we went up to our room for a minute and then went to the pool, the pool area is really nice, when we were at check-in, the front desk attendant gave us wristbands because the pool is really nice, when we were at the pool, I went in the lap lanes, which are a little deep, there is also a water basketball area and a hot tub in the pool area, we then went back to our room and found out that if you forget a toiletry item, they will give you a new one for free, and when my dad forgot his comb, I was able to get a replacement at the front desk, later we went to the Blue Jackets game and we had a good time, and when we came back to the hotel we went to bed, the beds are nice, soft, and comfy, In the morning when we woke up, we went down to the breakfast area which had a lot of delicious food for free. There was pancakes, sausage, eggs, bread, coffee, juice, and much more, later we checked out of the hotel, which was just as easy as checking in. There is a McDonald's and a Tim Hortons nearby. This hotel is also close to Polaris Fashion Place.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice and big
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Bethany J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2017

Dear Aaron H,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and were able to enjoy the hockey game for your birthday. Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to celebrating your 14th birthday with you!

Reviewed February 20, 2017

Under features on their website - the last photo shows a big purple slide in the left of the picture. This is not there! Wouldn't have been an issue had I not seen the photo and told my son. The water is a bit on the chilly side and they ran low/out of towels in the pool area somewhat often.

That being said: The pool is great for about ages 8 and under - better suited for the younger ones - but the bigger ones can still have fun. The older ones tend to stay in the 'swimming' lanes - so they aren't running over the smaller ones. The basketball in the pool was a hit. Then there were a few splash areas - buckets filling/dumping and a mushroom spraying down.

Checking in and out was easy, front desk friendly and professional. The hotel itself is clean and well maintained. The room had everything we needed - Keurig coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator. We stayed in a King room on the 7th floor - bed was super comfortable. Our room was just across from housekeeping - which worried me - but we didn't hear a thing! Shower was nice (low on pressure though). The heat/air conditioning was a bit odd - the sign on the unit said it is controlled by the wall. I couldn't quite figure it out - so set both of them the same and that seemed to work.

Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast. They seem to try to have some healthy options (bran muffins, under ripe banana's, whole apples, oatmeal) - just not my cup of healthy. There is also hot food - biscuits and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs (with WAY too much salt!). There is also some machine that makes pancakes. Cinnamon rolls are good - be sure to try one. Juices, coffee, etc.

Location is close to many things - Dave and Busters (there are two in Columbus), and dining. We went to the zoo from the hotel and the drive wasn't too bad (about 20 minutes or so. It is just off the highway - so easy to get in and out.

Overall - good stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Bethany J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus-Polaris Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize that there was confusion regarding our large slide, it was removed for guest safety, and new pictures have not yet been approved for the website. We are glad that you enjoyed our other pool amenities, they are certainly a treat for children of all ages. I have passed your comment on to the rest of the staff so we can work on the few things you pointed out regarding water pressure, PTAC unit, and breakfast. Thank you again for taking the time to review us, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.