“Great place in Columbus, OH”

Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
Ranked #65 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Kernersville, NC
“Great place in Columbus, OH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Dinner is on the house - lasagna, salad, bread - wine & beer. No different than frozen lasagna, but extremely satisfying.
The location is close enough to get into Columbus in @ 10 minutes. So for business or pleasure, you are a short distance from lots of things
Breakfast is far better than anything I get at home (lol)

For travellers staying longer than 1 night, the rooms are all equipped with small kitchens, work center and bed of your choice.

Common areas include small tennis or activity court, large chess board (outside) & indoor pool. Unfortunately - no one else wanted to play chess.

I will stay there again, when I get back that way.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

My wife, son and I checked in at 2 am the morning of 09/23/11. (delayed flight) We made it down in time for breakfast, at least we thought we did, which ended at 10:30 based on the time posted on the wall. We walked in at 10:21. They had already picked up the hot food! As we were walking around the food area seeing what was left, one of the men in the kitchen area (believe he was a maintenance man helping out) walked out and looked at us and looked up at the clock on the wall, which showed 10:25, which was 2 minutes faster than my time on my phone. We asked if there was any hot food left. He told us that, according to his watch, it was already 10:30. After a few minutes the kitchen manager walked out with a paper plate that had a couple of hot food items. It was the same items I had observed him putting in containers in the kitchen when we walked in. He then asked us to use the paper plates because he had already washed dishes. The other man (maintenance man?) proceeded to clean all the tables around us, while we were trying to quickly eat our food, using an aerosal spray and bagging up the trash next to us. We then finished our breakfast listening to them talk about us. Needless to say, they tarnished our image of what was otherwise a pleasant stay. As we went back to our room, I checked the time with the front desk and their time was identical to the time on my phone. I don't blame the workers for wanting to pick up the food if they believed everyone had eaten that was wanting to eat, but once we walked up (on time) they should have at least pretended to be hospitable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Clint W
Gulf Breeze,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is far the best hotel and chain I have ever stayed in. The managment, staff, food, grounds, free breakfast and dinner - yes free...and amenities were excellent. The room was very clean, free washers and dryers. This hotel is truly a home away from home. Easy to get to from the airport and a short hop into Columbus. No parking charges and the prices are lower than the hotels are in the city. Comfy beds, big chess set in the garden, place to sit outside and eat, gazabo...what else do you need? The staff really go out of the way to make you feel at home. The managers walked the hotel and talked to people and asked them if everything was ok- now thats customer service..... Many chains could learn from this team!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd or 4th floor in the middle of the hall, very quiet and it looked down over the cour...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Maryland USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

My flight was canceled for the evening and I called the property and got the last room available. Front desk was very helpful and sent the hotel shuttle right over to the airport.
The place was packed and very busy. I did not stay long enough to sample the evening buffet or the breakfast buffet either.
They have a nice gym and pool. The shuttle does not start running until 5:00AM. If you need to go earlier they can arrange for a taxi.
I had room 128 which was on the first floor and I had no problems with any noise or thin walls. Room was clean and air conditioning worked great! There is a nearby McDonalds and a Subway and Turkey Hill gas station within easy walking distance. The property was not really promoting any take-out places. I found one menu in the room for a website which had a limited menu and a $15 minimum order and things like ribs and such. They need to offer other places to get take out like pizza and Chinese.
Bed was on the soft side. Water pressure was fine and I had no problem with the wireless internet. The hotel helped get me a good nights sleep and kept me cool all evening during my extra surprise overnight in Columbus.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank panther61
Locust Grove, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

I stayed here during a business trip from Jun 28 to Jul 1 (getting ready to check out). Staff and room have been excellent. I have a studio suite, which has been very comfortable. There isa full, delicious, breakfast every morning, and different entrees available every night. I didn't take advantage of the evening meal, as we usually went out as a team for dinner. I DID, unfortunately, hear my neighbor talking on the phone a few times, which supports the other reviews about thin wall. Not to mention, right now, some guys are playing basketball, and somehow they keep managing to get it outside the big net walls they have, hitting the wall to my room. Not faulting the hotel for that, but it IS annoying.

Overall, I have been very pleased with my stay here, and I would stay again. Of course, you are near the airport, so you get to hear planes flying over regularly (the DO seem to quiet down after about 10PM).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

Service:great.Room size and features:great.Big enough to walk around. Unfortunately, so was the room above us--heard every step of the family in the room over our heads. Also listened to the guest in the next room snoring all night, which means he could hear us too. Good amenities,but cheap construction. Will avoid Staybridge and go for one of many comparable competitors next time.

• Stayed May 2011
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

I stayed here from Sunday, January 23rd to Friday, February 4th. I returned on Sunday, February 6th and checked out Friday, February 11th, 2011. I will list the PRO's and CON's of this hotel:

PRO'S
-Very clean hotel
-Everything worked perfectly in the room
-Free cookies in the late afternoon
-Free breakfast and free "Sundowner." Do NOT refer to Sundowner as dinner because front desk person with glasses and mustache gets very animated and particular about this!
-Pool and hot spa
-Proximity to Easton Mall, downtown Columbus, Defense Supply Center Columbus, etc.
-Exercise area, albeit very small with 2 treadmills (1 does not work), 1 eliptical, and 1 exercise bike. There is also a Nautilus that does shoulder press, bench press, incline press, etc.
-Free use of laundry area (I believe it has 3 washers and 3 dryers; however at least 1 washer and 1 dryer was not working during my entire stay.
-Pretty good customer service

CONS:
-At least 1 washer and 1 dryer did not work during my trip. I mentioned it to the staff multiple times but they made it seemed like it wasn't a priority to get fixed. Did I mention to you that this hotel has 3 floors and probably 120 rooms. 2 dryers and 2 washers for at least 120 people doesn't seem like a whole lot. Expect to wait to use these machines
-"Business Center" is comprised of 2 Dell Dimension 1100 towers and CRT (large, non-flatscreen) monitors. They are at LEAST 6 years old and EXTREMELY slow. All I wanted to do was print my graduate paper which was done on MS Word and after waiting an hour to the computer to boot up, boot up work, freeze, wait, etc. I gave up. I couldn't get a simple document to print. There is a printer but what good is it when you have computers that are so slow and inefficient that a resident can't even print??? I tried to get it printed at the front desk but it wasn't successfull. Apparently, the front desk computers are EQUALLY slow! Very disappointing!!!!!
-1 treadmill wasn't working. This was reported to staff but sign was never placed on machine.
-Pool and hot tub needs to be extensively cleaned daily. There is evidence of build up of mildew along the walls of the pool. I know because I was a lifeguard for several years and was responsible for cleaning and testing/balancing Ph levels of the pool.
-Parking lot and sidewalk were not properly salted when snow and rainy ice weather arrived into the area. I almost slipped and fell while exiting the side door towards my vehicle. The whole parking lot resembled a hockey rink it was so bad. I reported this to the man who was working at 7 am but when I returned, no salt was placed. I reported it again in the afternoon.
-Coffee was terrible. I recommend they replaced instant garbage coffee with 3 burners and 3 carafes,( one regular, one decaf, one flavored) with brewing new fresh coffee every 30 minutes.

In summary, a good quality hotel however they need to improve their maintenance with exercise room, pool area, parking lot, sidewalk, business center, and laundry room to be declared excellent. All in all a good value but absoluting frustrating and disappointing on not having the capability to print a single document in this hotel!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business