Staybridge Suites Columbus Airport
  • Restaurant
US$76
US$127
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites - Columbus / Clara St(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$105
ComfortSuites
US$83
US$126
US$119
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$119
Best Western Suites(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$113
BestWestern.com
US$136
US$140
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfull kitchenvery nice hotellaundry roomwifi accessmorning breakfasthome away from homedecent breakfasthotel roomcoffee potthe room was nicei highly recommend this hotelcomplimentary breakfastwould stay againshuttlestovekitchenettesink
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife, son and I checked in at 2 am the morning of 09/23/11. (delayed flight) We made it down in time for breakfast, at least we thought we did, which ended at 10:30 based on the time posted on the wall. We walked in at 10:21. They had already picked up the hot food! As we were walking around the food area seeing what was left, one of the men in the kitchen area (believe he was a maintenance man helping out) walked out and looked at us and looked up at the clock on the wall, which showed 10:25, which was 2 minutes faster than my time on my phone. We asked if there was any hot food left. He told us that, according to his watch, it was already 10:30. After a few minutes the kitchen manager walked out with a paper plate that had a couple of hot food items. It was the same items I had observed him putting in containers in the kitchen when we walked in. He then asked us to use the paper plates because he had already washed dishes. The other man (maintenance man?) proceeded to clean all the tables around us, while we were trying to quickly eat our food, using an aerosal spray and bagging up the trash next to us. We then finished our breakfast listening to them talk about us. Needless to say, they tarnished our image of what was otherwise a pleasant stay. As we went back to our room, I checked the time with the front desk and their time was identical to the time on my phone. I don't blame the workers for wanting to pick up the food if they believed everyone had eaten that was wanting to eat, but once we walked up (on time) they should have at least pretended to be hospitable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clint W
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is far the best hotel and chain I have ever stayed in. The managment, staff, food, grounds, free breakfast and dinner - yes free...and amenities were excellent. The room was very clean, free washers and dryers. This hotel is truly a home away from home. Easy to get to from the airport and a short hop into Columbus. No parking charges and the prices are lower than the hotels are in the city. Comfy beds, big chess set in the garden, place to sit outside and eat, gazabo...what else do you need? The staff really go out of the way to make you feel at home. The managers walked the hotel and talked to people and asked them if everything was ok- now thats customer service..... Many chains could learn from this team!

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd or 4th floor in the middle of the hall, very quiet and it looked down over the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My flight was canceled for the evening and I called the property and got the last room available. Front desk was very helpful and sent the hotel shuttle right over to the airport.
The place was packed and very busy. I did not stay long enough to sample the evening buffet or the breakfast buffet either.
They have a nice gym and pool. The shuttle does not start running until 5:00AM. If you need to go earlier they can arrange for a taxi.
I had room 128 which was on the first floor and I had no problems with any noise or thin walls. Room was clean and air conditioning worked great! There is a nearby McDonalds and a Subway and Turkey Hill gas station within easy walking distance. The property was not really promoting any take-out places. I found one menu in the room for a website which had a limited menu and a $15 minimum order and things like ribs and such. They need to offer other places to get take out like pizza and Chinese.
Bed was on the soft side. Water pressure was fine and I had no problem with the wireless internet. The hotel helped get me a good nights sleep and kept me cool all evening during my extra surprise overnight in Columbus.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank panther61
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I stayed here during a business trip from Jun 28 to Jul 1 (getting ready to check out). Staff and room have been excellent. I have a studio suite, which has been very comfortable. There isa full, delicious, breakfast every morning, and different entrees available every night. I didn't take advantage of the evening meal, as we usually went out as a team for dinner. I DID, unfortunately, hear my neighbor talking on the phone a few times, which supports the other reviews about thin wall. Not to mention, right now, some guys are playing basketball, and somehow they keep managing to get it outside the big net walls they have, hitting the wall to my room. Not faulting the hotel for that, but it IS annoying.

Overall, I have been very pleased with my stay here, and I would stay again. Of course, you are near the airport, so you get to hear planes flying over regularly (the DO seem to quiet down after about 10PM).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Service:great.Room size and features:great.Big enough to walk around. Unfortunately, so was the room above us--heard every step of the family in the room over our heads. Also listened to the guest in the next room snoring all night, which means he could hear us too. Good amenities,but cheap construction. Will avoid Staybridge and go for one of many comparable competitors next time.

• Stayed: May 2011