“Nice Hotel Need a Better Manager” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport
Ranked #69 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
USA
“Nice Hotel Need a Better Manager”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

Hotel is nice and clean with a good hotel staff except Manager and Assistant Manager. This place has big potential if they train their top brigade on how to behave with customers. I had couple of incidents where front desk staff was instructed not to do their duties right. When I asked the staff they told me on my face that manager has said no. When I talked to manager, he was not only rude but totally unprofessional. .

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank freqtraveller79
CISCOLUMBUS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 24 September 2010
Thank you for taking your time and expressing your concern. I apologize that the management staff appeared to be unprofessional. Our intent was to state the hotel policy of our hotel shuttle. If you would like to discuss any stays in the future please give me a call. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2009

We picked this motel because we were looking for a place to park our vehicle while we flew out of town for 9 days. They were the only one that let you leave your vehicle there that long. Front desk was very nice. Breakfast did not start till 6 and we had to leave at 5:20. Pool was nice but door handle was broke. Afternoon shuttle doesn't start till 4:30 and we arrived back at 3:00. They did provide early pickup when I called. Farther from airport than expected.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
rancho palos verdes, ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

We were quite comfortable here. The sink drained rather slowly and that was the only problem. We did have some difficulty finding the place partly due to on going road construction in the area and problems with the verbal directions we got from the Hertz counter person. The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked fine. No real noise problem.

Breakfast was highlighted with make your own waffle and sausages. Oranges were the only fruit provided.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2009

My initial impression was the cigarette smoke that I encountered as I walked into the hotel. Many smokers were socializing outside the entrance. The smoke permeated the entrance. This happened again this morning.
I left a note for the housekeeper for extra towels and asked that a sheet be placed over the blanket. Neither request was obliged. There was no one to handle these concerns when I returned in the evening. I was told to come to the desk for extra towels and the sheet. I could tell that the carpet was not vacuumed. I stayed here because of positive reviews I read. I guess my standards are different.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CIS_AGM, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2009
Thank you for your comments from your recent visit with us. We have re-evaluated our patio arrangements and have since moved our smoker stations further from the entrance. This should help alleviate the issue. These comments have also been shared with our entire staff so we may continue to improve and provide the outstanding service you come to expect from Country Inn & Suites.
Dayton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

I had to catch a early flight on Monday and needed a hotel close to the airport. They gave me a really great deal to leave me car there while I was on business. The room was comfortable and clean and breakfast was good. Was able to grab some fruit and bagel and then they shuttled me over to the airport. They even gave me a business card with the hotels number to call when I returned. The staff was friendly both before and after my flight. Even though I only live in Dayton, I will definitely stay here before my flight. They made my trip really hassle-free.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

This hotel is close to the airport. Sits behind a McDonalds. Across the street from an Exxon convenient market.

The lobby is very welcoming.

The bed was comfortable. I would rate the bed spreads and blankets as poor. There were stains on my sheets. The spreads are the old nylon style and hospital type blankets.

The room was dusty. The room was not cleaned well. Beverage rings on the furniture. Dirty carpet. There was food on the carpet that had not been vacuumed. Dusty wreaths were hanging above the beds.

The breakfast area was nice (clean) and good choices.

I would certainly not pay more $80.00 for this hotel. I have seen rates listed for this location at over $100.00 - that is way too much for this hotel!

If there were some improvements this property has a lot of potential.

Ok for a one night stay near the airport

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2008

How do you rate a hotel that gives away your room (confirmed by a major credit card) and tells you: YOU are on your own now?

I had a late arrival into Columbis airport. After arriving at the hotel around 11:30 pm, and already saw a group of guests arguing with the night clerk. It was a complete airline crew that shared my miserable sitution. The hotel had obviously aggressively overbooked and now told late arriving guests: We gave your rooms away. I had called five hours earlier before my flight departed and they had again confirmed my booking!!!

The desk clerk did not show any willingness to assist me in finding a room for the night. So I called a series of places when I finally found the Comfort Suites at Keim Circle (had a pleasant stay there, great staff!).

The desk clerk finally called a cab for me after it took him over an hour to deal with the highly frustrated airline crew.

It was extremly stressful for me to get reimbursed by this hotel. Management pretended several times to have paid ("check is in the mail", "we credited your card"), but that turned out not to be true over a period of two weeks. Repeated calls and voice messages were not answered.

Bottomline: Avoid at all costs if you like to have your reservation honored.

• Stayed October 2008