“first time visit to Firehouse.”
Review of Firehouse Subs

Firehouse Subs
Ranked #890 of 2,285 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Sub was very good. But a little to expensive for the 8 inch size. I would eat here again though. The décor of the place was very nice and theme driven.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Great food for price value, excellent service the place was clean and good atmosphere, thank you for extra napkins

Thank D.a F
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I really, desperately want to at least like this place, if not love it. I really like the story behind it, that firemen started it. Who doesn't love the thought of a bunch of big burly firemen dreaming up a sub shop? Some proceeds go to charity, so I read.

But here's the thing. I've had this on several occasions and I just can't get into the steamed sandwich thing. Why in the devil would you take spongy bread, drop some meat and cheese on to it, and then STEAM it? Might as well just stick it in a pot of boiling water for a hot minute.

What comes out of the machine is soggy, mushy and although technically warm is far from toasted. It has the texture of...well...steamed bread.

I haven't found that magic combo here that gets my tastebuds excited. Maybe it's just me, as my family (at least the ones who make the food decisions) seem to love it. I have to believe I'm missing something, but for now it's fully off my short list.

1  Thank SFO-World-Traveller
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Great place tucked in strip mall on rome hilliard rd behind mc donalds across from walmart.good customer service.Food is fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 24 July 2015

Cheesesteak subs were great. Good atmosphere for the kids too, got fire hats. Prices were fair. will return again