“Excellent Food, Service, and Baklava!”

Little Lebanon Mediterranean
Ranked #30 of 2,327 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed April 16, 2016

My wife and I were shopping for furniture near Polaris and decided to stop at this little eatery called Little Lebanon. We went there at 4pm...of course, no customer was there. We eat like the elderly once in a while. The restaurant is in a shopping plaza on Sancus off Polaris Pkwy behind City BBQ. It is a very small restaurant, so make sure to pay close attention. At first, since no one was in the restaurant, we walked out. Then, I convinced my wife to go back in and try their food as this restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants and rated highly on Trip Advisor. We walked in and up to the counter, and a young lady helped us. She was cooking/prepping but also helped with the service. Very attentive. After looking at the menu, we just decided to order a sample platter, grape leaves, and a couple of Lebanese bread. Food came out pretty fast (since we were the only ones there). Let's start with the sampler. It came with one kibbeh ball with yogurt sauce, three falafel (gave us one extra than what's originally listed in the menu), hummus, baba ghanouj and tabouleh salad. Falafels were moist and tasty. When we go to a Mediterranean restaurant, we always order falafels and grape leaves because these are supposed to be the most common items and should not be difficult to make. But not everyone can keep them moist, especially falafels. So we had to give a high mark for Little Lebanon. Kibbeh ball is made of round beef and lamb mixed with cracked wheat and made into a shell. Then stuffed with Little Lebanon-spiced ground beef, onions, and pine nuts. Of course, it is deep fried. It was simply yummy. Hummus was very creamy and flavorful. So was baba ghanouj. Tabouleh salad was tasty, but a bit too lemony. If you are trying it, you should mix it up with hummus or baba ghanouj. The only thing was that with all of the samples, only two pieces of pita/bread come with the dish. We had to pay extra 50 cents for another piece of pita/bread, which could be free in my mind since the sampler was $10.99. Grape leaves were very good. Let's leave it there. We also ordered Spinach and Feta bread (my wife), and falafel bomb (mine). Basically, my falafel bomb was a wrap, but very juicy and savory. I would get it again. My wife liked her Spinach and Feta bread. Lastly, we took baklavas home. They had walnut, pecan chocolate, sweet cream, cashew, and another kind (can't recall), and we took home one of each. OMG, they were crispy and excellent. They did a fantastic job with everything. If you have not been here, you should definitely try. It's worth your time and money.

1  Thank Tsucchy

Reviewed February 16, 2016

Love Mediterranean food, especially since I'm a vegetarian. Stumbled upon this place while shopping in Polaris area. Ordered a falafel wrap and fries to go, for about $10. Expected this to be pretty good, since the fries were $3. They were bland with no flavor and very few! Wendy's has better fries! Falafel wrap was good, but nothing to write home about. Don't think I will be returning due to high price for not a lot of food.

1  Thank Julie N
Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

I wanted to check what the buzz was about since this place is pretty highly rated on yelp. The service was prompt and attentive. The place was clean although not meant for large parties. What I didn't love was the food. We ordered chicken shawarma bowl and kefteh kebab plate. The meat was a bit under cooked and chewy. The lentils in the rice were a bit hard for my taste and overall the food tastes pretty bland. I've had better.

1  Thank mask24
Reviewed January 23, 2016

Little Lebanon is a diamond in the rough. The reviews are true - this is my first review but when I got home I felt everyone needs to know about this place! Like others have mentioned don't leave without having the fresh pita (straight out of the oven for EVERY order!) and the baklava. So incredibly flakey and dessert perfection. Understated interior but you come for the food and excellent service. Do not miss this place!

Reviewed January 16, 2016

My wife and I cam upon this bakery because of online reviews and we were not disappointed. The friendly staff made sure that our questions about sandwiches were answered to our satisfaction. Although I forget what exactly we ordered I know that we were impressed with the selections and creativity in the meals. The fact they bake five different types of baklava was a bonus. We experienced the type of hospitality associated with being long time friends with the owners.