“Visit this hole in the wall”

Meister's Bar & Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #755 of 2,482 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Great hole in the wall bar, great beer selection, fair prices and great deep dish pizza. Definitely a spot to hit up

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed February 23, 2017

I absolutely LOVE their deep dish pizza!! Like Ness, I would take it over Chicago's Giordano's! While there's not as much cheese, there's still plenty with amazing sauce & phenomenal thick crust!! My only complaint is they don't offer ground beef as a topping (my fiance doesn't eat pork). We usually just order the chicken instead and it's surprisingly good! Wish I lived closer. It's definitely a take-out type of joint as it's mainly a dive bar, but well worth it.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2016

I was not expecting much out of this place, it looks like primarily a bar. However, I was really impressed with the pizza. Kind of a deep dish style, lots of cheese on our pizza. Also, the cheesy bread was extremely good too. If you are in the area, this would be a good place to check out.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 6, 2016

Reading these reviews Im not sure if any of you have ever even had a deep dish pie. A pizza with 10 pounds of crust and a tiny bit of sauce and pepperoni on top IS NOT Chicago style deep dish. This is more like a cross between Chicago and Detroit style HAHA. Over priced little Caesars. Its more like a Benton Harbor style deep dish. 21.00 for this was way over priced.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed January 10, 2016

A surprising find! This bar serves by far the best deep dish (Chicago style) pizza that I have had in the Columbus area. I know this is probably blasphemy, but I liked the pizza here even more than Chicago's Giordano's pizzeria.

The bar/tavern itself is not easy to find (at least I had never known of its existence before tonight). It's tucked away on a dimly lit road in Upper Arlington not too far from the OSU campus. It has a parking lot so that was convenient. Maybe on a Friday or a Saturday night parking may be an issue but there were plenty of spaces on a Sunday night.

It's a humble looking thing with TVs everywhere, two pool tables, and even a dart board. To order your meal, you have to go into the bar a bit and then turn left to find the counter where you place the order right in front of their kitchen. We ordered the classic pizza, which came with mushrooms and meatballs (and of course lots of cheese). This pizza takes a while to be made (45 minutes, so order ahead if you're in a rush), but it is well worth the wait. Plus we chomped down some chips with a buffalo chicken dip while waiting. The pizza itself is huge. One pizza was more than enough for four of us (with some leftovers for home). The pizza sauce is delicious, and the crust is really well made. It's really a dive, but that's part of the charm. I'm glad I found it and am looking forward to trying out some of the other speciality pizzas here.

Date of visit: January 2016