“Lunch on the road”

Pizza Hut-WingStreet
Ranked #1,445 of 2,300 Restaurants in Columbus
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

pizza. What can I say. Pizza Hut is very consistent. This location was ok. They were out of cherry Pepsi. Why? Server did not know. Service was good. Pizza hot!. Salad was good.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

The Pizza Hut chain of stores has a consistent menu of quality pizza as well as their brand of calzones which they call "P'Zones", pasta, chicken wings, and a list of sides. There are also different style businesses with store front delivery and carry-out locations; family-style dine-in locations; and hybrid locations that have carry-out, delivery, and dine-in options. What makes them different is the professionalism of the manager and staff at the specific Pizza Hut you visit. Pizza Hut's interesting history began in 1958 with two brothers, Dan and Frank Carney, who started the chain in Wichhita, Kansas while they were both students at Wichhita State University. Since then the chain has expanded to over 6,000 locations in the United States and almost 6,000 in 94 countries around the world. They constantly work to improve the range of their products and were the first to have the "Stuffed crust" pizza. One of their largest sellers is their "Bigfoot pizza".
On this weekday night, I was planning on taking my date out on the town and offered to take her to Pasqualone's Ristorante for authentic Italian (see my review) or Mitchell's Ocean Club for some great seafood (see my review); however, she said she wanted to relive her youth and insisted that instead we go to the South Drive-In Theaters (see my review). One of the real advantages of this drive-in was that you could bring in your own food. Asking what would she like to eat while we watched this double-feature at the drive-in, and she answered, "cold beer, fried chicken, and a large thick-crust pizza". From where we were, we took I-270 (the beltway) and got off at exit 52A and went North on US-23 (South High Street). Not far up the road we found the Great Southern Shopping Center which had a Kroger grocery store where I picked up several six-packs of bottled imported beer, a bag of ice, and a Styrofoam ice chest - one down. Fortunately for me it also had a KFC (see my review) and a Pizza Hut which was everything she wanted.
Although many Pizza Huts have on-line ordering, I phoned in my order for a classic, thick-crust Supreme pizza for pick up. When I entered this Pizza Hut I saw that this was a dine-in and pick up style location. It was reasonably clean and the staff was cheerful even though this was their rush time. I had arrived a few minutes before my scheduled time for pick up and my pizza came out a few minutes after the scheduled time, but it was hot and the order was correct. Later at the drive-in theater, we ate the hot pizza first as we knew the KFC would stay hot in its bucket. Maybe it was the beer or the company I had, but the pizza was good. Maybe not as good as Romeo's Pizza (see my review) but they are different styles of pizza, both good so it depends on what is your mood. On this particular day, the manager and staff were very professional.

3  Thank thomasmcsweeney2014