“Our favorite!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of G. Michael's Bistro & Bar

G. Michael's Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
G. Michael's Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,212 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Willow
Description: G. Michael's Bistro & Bar. We are a restaurant committed to offering a unique dining experience — unlike any other in German Village and Columbus.At G. Michael's we are committed to focusing on local, seasonal food as much as possible. We endeavor to source as much of our pork, beef, produce and dairy from central Ohio growers and producers as possible. Feel free to ask your server which of our menu items feature these local ingredients.
“Our favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

G Michael's consistently has the most appealing menu of any place in Columbus. And, for me, it has always been the "total package" of excellent food, great presentation, knowledgeable and friendly host and wait staff, and a great atmosphere. FOr a relatively small place, they usually have a pretty good list of specials each night too. For an added bonus, go during happy hour. You cannot beat their shrimp and grits for $6 at the bar. Go often!

2 Thank Ngray921

Ohio
“Ever changing menu of delicious dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Located in German Village, this is one of the must visit restaurants in Columbus. Creative dishes. Excellent service. Comfortable environment.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank travellight47
Dublin, Ohio
“One of a kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

What an amazing diner for Valentines Day! Our server Josh went above and beyond to make our dinner one of a kind! Usually I am not a demanding dinner but on that day I was very particular on what I wanted and they, the staff (Josh), the chef and the valet treated me like a princess even though I was acting like a diva. Thank YOU to the entire staff for making my experience so amazing; one that I will remember and recommend for a long time! You can’t go wrong with G. Michael's for an occasion. This was not my first time and it surely will not be my last.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank JBlondie_80_
Westerville, Ohio
“Perfect evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This is my favorite Columbus restaurant. The food is fantastic in both taste and presentation. I had scallops, and here's the problem: I will now forever be comparing future dinners featuring scallops with those served that night: They were that good. The armosphere is one of casual elegance, though not pretentious in any way. The menu is varied, and I have never tasted anything that wasn't great. The reastaurant is located in the German Village neighborhood of Columbus, a charming,historical, working-class area of houses, restaurants, and shops. It's fun to explore after dinner.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Artsnob021
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Had dinner again at g michaels. Consistently great food and happy hour prices at the bar cannot be beat. The fish specials and entrees on the menu always come out very hot and fresh.will continue to frequent the restaura