All reviews thai lagoon served its purpose dirty carpet health club fitness center mini fridge and microwave free breakfast is hard boiled eggs comfortable room minute drive exercise room front desk clerk would stay here again hangers computers polaris
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Very much surprised with the motel compared to others in the same area. The pool was closed for the whole week we were there and the free continental breakfast was pretty much a joke, but overall enjoyed our stay here. Apparently housekeeping is very well stocked on mothballs and use them generously. Even after 5 days, our room still smelled strongly of mothballs.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Dont believe the pictures that they have posted on their site. The person working the front desk is a jerk. Their idea of free breakfast is, Little Debbie's Hunny buns muffins and a bag of chips. Also the Steam room was very dirty. We've never seen cobwebs inside of a steam room. I would give this hotel zero stars but it deserves the finger.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We paid very little so didn't expect much, but it really pushed us to the brink of asking for our money back and leaving. I say again the staff was great and they really tried. Just as a few other reviews stated, it stinks like smoke throughout most of the building. The towels we had at first smelled of smoke. The first room we got someone was smoking weed nearby and we had kids so we asked to move. They moved us but the next room wasn't clean as if someone was either still in it or cleaning staff hadn't been to it yet. So we complained again and they did finally move us to a larger, less used room. The final room was clean and great. Likely because it was like a suite which nobody who can afford a $200 a night room would stay here in the first place.
The pool is actually a separate building and separate business which the hotel gives you wristbands to allow access. The "health club", like the Magnuson, was probably built in the 60s-70s and is in disrepair which they don't seem to put a lot of time or money into fixing. There were mushrooms growing on the wall in the main pool area. Not tiny ones, but 2-3 inch round mushrooms. The ceiling was dripping water from the roof. Honestly, the building probably dangerous t be in. It would have been great 30 years ago.
Do not expect "Continental Breakfast". The breakfast choices consisted of, Honey Buns, Blueberry Muffins, Oatmeal, Potato Chips, Bananas, Coffee, and Tea. They offer the absolute least they can in snacks to call it "Free Breakfast".
If it were just me alone I could handle it cause I can roll cheap and dirty. But with a family, next time I'd drop another 25 bucks and hit another place. Do not be surprised if the Magnuson is demolished in the next couple of years.

Room Tip: Pay for a King room in the southeast wing or go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2018

We arrived at 11am on a Saturday having flew all night in a red-eye from Seattle. We asked if there were any rooms ready so we could check in early. We just got a "Check in time is 3" Yes we understand but if there are any earlier than that can you let us know. Again the same uncaring response. Later that night I returned back to the hotel from a wedding we attended that evening. I was alone with my baby in car seat in one hand, huge diaper bag and purse in the other, my feet killing me and overly-exhausted. My room key wouldn't work! so I walk all the way to the front desk with all my stuff. the front desk gives me a lecture on how i probably had the key next to my phone and DE-activating it. I walk all the way back to the room and it doesn't work again. I gather all my strength and walk back to the front desk for a second time. re-key my keys I try it again on my room and they don't work. I finally call the front desk and he comes and tries his key. IT DOESN'T WORK. He thinks the battery is dead on the lock. At this point I am crying. he finally fixes the lock. The next day we checked out even though we had the room for 2 more nights. i told the person at the front desk i had a horrible stay. he didnt care. Worst of all we booked through travelocity and they called the hotel about giving us a refund and this hotel refused.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Room was clean and comfortable; breakfast was good; they had a nice Thai restaurant in the complex that also had Chinese food. The only negative with this hotel was their exercise room that had some non-functional equipment.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple