“ATA Show”

Ranked #117 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Eagle
“ATA Show”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Room was OK...broken tiles in the bathroom, Late night staff was very unfriendly....How ever....the gentleman that was tending the desk in the AM was very polite and helpful. I used points for the 1st night and was supposed to be the upgraded room, but didn't seem to be very UPgraded. I would not recommend staying here. I think for the money there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Queens
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and it was by far the worst experience. First off the rooms are tiny, I can deal with small but after having booked this hotel over a month in advance the guy at the front desk asks me that instead of a king size bed would we mind taking a double. Yes, we mind very much. So the first night was ok no problems. It was nights two and three that made us realize NEVER AGAIN. On Sat we left to go to a Buckeye game and returned that evening. As we are preparing to go to bed we find a half smoked joint on the sink. Aside from it being a joint we asked for a non smoking room. OKKK we throught it in the garbage. We go to bed that evening and the next morning we wake up and go out again we return that evening with the room never having been cleaned. We had order pizza the night before and the cleaning lady never took out the boxes. As my boyfriend went to complain to the front desk a guy busts into my room to tell me that the front desk had told him that I had a plunger in my room. As I began to think that I am about to be robbed I start explaining to this kid that he has the wrong room. Luckily I was able to explain that I was staying at the hotel and not a cleaning lady and get him out of my room. SHADY....VERY SHADY. It seemed people were living at the hotel and the experience was GHETTO to say the least. If you value your safety DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: No room is a good room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jenn1314
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2011

This room was disgusting and in poor condition. There was hair on the blankets on one of the beds, black mold in bathroom ceiling and on shower curtain, wall paper peeling off with a hole behind it, the light by the beds didn't work, phone didn't work, pool down for repairs, hair dryer didn't work, toilet leaked water around the base each time it was flushed. Need I say more?
When I spoke with the manager I felt like I was reading from a script about how thankful he was that I called so he could fix these problems. Right. He then took 10% off my bill which didn't even cover the taxes that I paid on the room. I stayed in a four star hotel in Detroit for the same price as this shack. Days Inn should be ashamed to claim this as part of their chain.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
West Harrison, Indiana
Reviewed 31 July 2011

If you are concerned for your family's safety, DO NOT stay at this hotel I reserved three rooms for myself, my husband and our grown daughters, we were going to spend a couple of days at the Ohio State Fair, this hotel was right across the street. From the moment we arrived everything was bad. One room had a broken security lock and the wood frame on the door was split and it appeared someone has previously tried to break into this room, and the door would not close all the way. The second room had blood on the bedspread and personal lubricant next to the bed. The third room had fast food wrappers, dirty socks and other personal items left behind, they all smelled of smoke even though we requested non-smoking rooms. I was enraged and went to the front desk and demanded new rooms, these were on the second floor. Once again one of the bedspreads had blood on it and cigarette holes in it. One of the rooms he gave us was not even cleaned yet, and we woke up in the morning with the carpet soaking wet from a leaking bathroom next door. The night time was the worst, we came back from the fair to find Three cops in the parking lot, (not a good sign) doors closed all night strange people knocking on the doors, a police helicopter was hovering over the hotel with a spotlight on, three police cars were outside our room at the backside of the hotel with flashlights searching near the fence and a guy on the ground, and I don't want to forget the drug deals going on right outside our room. This went on all night it was Scary, I ended up making our daughters sleep in our room because I was concerned for their safety. I called Days Inn corporate office from my room and they were very concerned and they tried to call the front desk while they had me on hold, and they apologized because they tried four times to call and no one would answer. The owner "Raju" has not answered my calls. And a couple more things before closing so that you can get the whole picture, is that hardly anyone speaks english, and they reuse the toiletries that they give you, we had half used bottles of shampoo and the pool was closed, not that I would use it anyway. I think they let people live there at a discounted rate.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My husband and I were there for the 'Good Guys' car show. We always love the show but we were very pleased with our accomodation as well.. There is a McDonald's right next door so we ended up eating breakfast there both the days. The staff at this particular Days Inn is very friendly. Almost felt like we were at a Bed and Breakfast.. The hotel looked very clean and well kept..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was a last minute pleasure trip to see a concert. We were surprised the concert was just across the street, McDonalds was next door, fairgrounds are also across the street. The hotel was directly off exit 111 no missing this hotel. Check in was quick and efficient. Only minus was that we requested a handicap accessible room with the promoted microwave/refrigerator & were given a 2nd floor room. We were given the option of a downstairs room with a refrigerator only. We chose the upstairs room because our handicapped party member was having a good day & could use the stairs (no elevator). The room was standard, clean comfortable. The pillows and the shower were great. Although the back side of the hotel had a lot of rowdy activities, the room was quiet. Staff was pleasant and the maid service was very good. The pool was close, but considering the rowdy concert goers that was a great foresight. Event attended was across the street, but when exiting event we were directed out the opposite end and had to circle through the shady part of town to get back to our room. Check out was quick and rate was as promised. I would definitely return to this Days Inn again.

Room Tip: Book via Days Inn Website
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank roadcrewusa
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed at Days Inn across the fairgrounds and I enjoyed the service very much. The rooms were worth the price I payed. The front desk staff was very helpful with my accomadations. Will be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo