All reviewsroom was cleanindoor outdoor poolbreakfast buffetan older hotelchecking inhot tubfirst floorroad noiseshower headbooked this hotelmicrowave and fridgebathroom doormeeting roomgood nights sleeplobby barwould stay here againgreat rate
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

I've read the many mixed reviews here, but stayed one night on our way back home because it's conveniently off the interstate and the price was great. It's a obviously an older hotel, newly redecorated. But it is clean, very comfortable bed, upscale bedding, towels and toiletries. Plenty of outlets for your devices, coffeemaker and small fridge. Yes there are areas still needing attention. The bathroom is small and the new wallpaper isn't done well (not a big deal!). Still you can see they must be in process of improving it. The tub and surrounding is old, but shower head is newer and good. Our room has a king bed and sofa and is very nice! It meets all of our needs. We will stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your very informative review of the Crowne Plaza Columbus North. We appreciate you recognizing the clean hotel and comfortable beds! We are in the beginning stages of a renovation as we are replacing all of the tub walls currently as well as the courtyard. We do hope you stay with us again the next time your travels take you back to Columbus!

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I booked this hotel through a third-party, (such as Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, trip advisor, or Expedia). Both Priceline and travelocity, state that the hotel has a free airport shuttle. However, I called this hotel the day before I was supposed to arrive, to ask about how to contact the airport shuttle, and they said that they do not honor the free airport shuttle if I booked through third-party! This was a dealbreaker for me, since I could get a free airport shuttle from another hotel, so I told them they needed to fix the problem for me. Their solution was to reimburse me the money and ask me to book a different hotel. So I did.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Rachel V,
I am very sorry for the confusion and for the way this situation was handled. We are checking the 3rd party sites again to ensure they have to correct information. We do not currently have an airport shuttle however we do have a few groups that have it included in their contracts. Please except my apologies and I will be addressing your concerns with the rest of the team.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

The room was clean but the closet shelf was coming out of the wall so couldn't use it, the shower kept running constantly, sink and tub drained very slowly, and the toilet wouldn't flush properly. Too much traffic noise. Staff working the desk and restaurant were great. Looks like they are renovating the pool area. Hope they renovate the inside too.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor rooms to help with traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for recognizing our great Front Office and Restaurant teams! I will make sure to pass along your kind words. I am very sorry for the issues you had with the drain and closet and I know the issues have been corrected.
We are beginning a renovation of the hotel now and are excited for the wonderful improvements that are coming.
Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed August 20, 2017

To be fair, we purchased this room through Hotwire. There wouldn't be a natural chance in heck that I would stay here of my own free will. This is the second time at this hotel that truly needs to be scrapped and started from again.

The good. The room rate. Thank you Hotwire.
The bad. There is a great deal. First, one elevator was out and the service elevator was available. The last service elevator I took was at Disney's Hollywood Studios and meant to be a thrill ride! The room looks at first glance to be recently remodeled. The longer we were there, it was clear that is was in horrible shape. I will say the beds were made and tidy. That was about it.

The bathroom is a little bit larger than a closet and water pressure was spotty at best. As you can see, the ceiling in the shower area is in need of repair. My wife said, throwing a new comforter and a bolster pillow on a bed is by no means a remodel. I can agree.

I will also say the gentlemen that checked us in was very pleasant and had indicated the elevator situation. The lobby furniture was dirty. How can what Hotwire stats is a 3.5 star hotel have dirty furniture in a common area that you see as soon as you walk in the front door? Hideous. I have no desire to go back and to be honest, I will stay away from the Crowne Plaza name. Much better options all over Columbus. Please spend the extra money as it will be worth it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
I am very sorry for not meeting your expectations and for the issues you experienced. I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail and I can be reached at 614-431-6040.

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

I am here for a car show on business. Brooke was so helpful and accommodating. Brooke even switched my room by putting me in the King size room I requested after check-in. Last minute decision lol and Tobias was so friendly! Samantha (the bartender) went above and beyond, recommending all the best food selections, which I must say, the tilapia was AMAZING!!! This is the second time I have stayed here and every time gets better. Super clean rooms and an excellent location! Nothing is better than being out of town and feeling like family. I would highly recommend this hotel for any venue or getaway. Thank you again for another amazing stay!!!! I will be back soon

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Columbus North-Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so glad that your stay was amazing and thank you for acknowledging Brooke for the excellent service she provides. I have shared your review with the rest of the team and we all thank you for being our guest!